Getting sick of this flatness!!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fall has been very fun (unless you're a wind snob aka at least 80% of Southern Californians) but I promise you SoCal's summer was no worse than North Florida's. Unpossible.

Also given that what afoaf calls "missing it" at El Porto would effortlessly be in the top 5% of days in a given year in Florida, I think you people need to stay put. Or at least embrace your love for racy psuedo-closeouts fronted by parking meters.

The Outer Banks has its own problems including but not limited to your home and the roads to it falling into the ocean or the sound. That and if you people are sporting 4/3 in SoCal you are not surfing for like 4 months of the year in Hatteras, or like 6 in Jersey/LI/Cape Cod.

Reactions: mundus

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Fall has been very fun (unless you're a wind snob aka at least 80% of Southern Californians) but I promise you SoCal's summer was no worse than North Florida's. Unpossible.

Also given that what afoaf calls "missing it" at El Porto would effortlessly be in the top 5% of days in a given year in Florida, I think you people need to stay put. Or at least embrace your love for racy psuedo-closeouts fronted by parking meters.

The Outer Banks has its own problems including but not limited to your home and the roads to it falling into the ocean or the sound. That and if you people are sporting 4/3 in SoCal you are not surfing for like 4 months of the year in Hatteras, or like 6 in Jersey/LI/Cape Cod.
80% is kind. A little onshore wind is like kryptonite to so many. I find it hilarious. But not as hilarious as people wearing 4/3s in 66 degree water.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Buoy is at 3 feet at 13 seconds from the west.

After yesterdays one waist high wave and paddling in after sitting for 30 minutes I may find something else to do.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

After yesterdays one waist high wave and paddling in after sitting for 30 minutes I may find something else to do.
Yup. Yesterday really made me realize how low my standards have become. I found myself thinking, excitedly, "It's almost rideable!" :oops:

Reactions: gbg

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

It's tough when you have to rely on a dropping tide to give the waves any kind of steepness to generate some kind of momentum. Hopefully there is something on Sunday. Surf options are limited this time of year so just take what I can get.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
It was chest high this morning. I went back to bed. Heard it was almost fun. Buoy up to 3.3 feet. Tide still fat tomorrow morning.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
some positive signs at the end of model as of today for a change building. TBD

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It was chest high this morning. I went back to bed. Heard it was almost fun. Buoy up to 3.3 feet. Tide still fat tomorrow morning.
Sleep in!

When I was younger (and also conditioned because of morning swim practice), getting up at 4:30 AM to dawn patrol it was the norm.

Good luck getting me out there now before 9. It works out. Everyone has to dawn patrol it now but that just clears the path for second shift. And once wind increases beyond 0.5 mph onshore, empties out fast.

That being said, bong-to-foot ratio definitely applies...

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Sleep in!

When I was younger (and also conditioned because of morning swim practice), getting up at 4:30 AM to dawn patrol it was the norm.

Good luck getting me out there now before 9. It works out. Everyone has to dawn patrol it now but that just clears the path for second shift. And once wind increases beyond 0.5 mph onshore, empties out fast.

That being said, bong-to-foot ratio definitely applies...

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Ole big Blue needs to wakey up cause I’m gonna be poaching some waves from someone’s local on the 16th-19th, even though I need to quit surfing....y’all need some swell so yer not frothing when I’m there.....or maybe just keep sleeping in...

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
It suckz when thee water is still warm 'nough for a farmer jon or a 3/2, it's glassy, + only knee to waste, err, waist high,
+ ya gotta break out a long~board just to have any fun, maybe cross~steppin' on a bitchin' Fall Day, right boyz???

L.A. ~ today:

or:
Be Like Mikey!!!
Seen below, hittin' that lip b4 he hitz thee rox,

hahaha...

Find some fun,
when~ever ya paddle out...
:drowning:

Last edited:

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
There is a whole crew here in NorCenCal/ Moss. They are ready and waiting. When Winter finally busts loose Just keep out of the way...

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Heard it's was purtty small this past week up in your neighborhood, pal...
Same down here in L.A. too!

Finally picked up,
you saw thee loc' surfpix above,
from down here in L.A. today...
Would you have gotten wet today?
Or just been alll crabby+bitch~ie, as alwayz?

Leaverite!
i hope that ya getz to score some more pumpin' surf, err pitz, this Fall, this up~comin' Winter,
before you, like me, {another old f**k}, will die some~day, may-be soon, ya dig? Y'que...
Have a good 1,
rw
:)

Last edited:

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal

Jade,

All of the rockhounds are jonzing right now for a big swell. It stirs up the sands.

Just looking at a display of the pieces I have found over the years. All across the top of my desk. There is now a contest at the Big Sur Jade Fest for the best feely stone. No sanders, Just your best pick up piece off of the beach,. I could win this thing hands down.