Georgia passes law restricting voting rights.....

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Please explain, in your own words, this law for us from your perspective and explain for us how you believe it suppresses votes. Thanks.
What does it tell us about your party’s platform and views on democracy if it wants less people to vote to bolster its chances of winning? Simply put this is about minority rule.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What does it tell us about your party’s platform and views on democracy if it wants less people to vote to bolster its chances of winning? Simply put this is about minority rule.
Plus it all based on the words/feelz of a proven liar whose lawyer admitted it was all BS.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I can think of few things that are simultaneously so un-American yet also so uniquely American.
Horribly written article. I had to scan through almost halfway through past a dozen+ paragraphs to get to the actual meat and potatoes that explains exactly how this law affects voting:

"The new law in Georgia requires more stringent voter verification requirements for absentee ballots, allows state officials to take over election boards and limits ballot drop boxes that make it easier for people to vote. The law allows any Georgian to make unlimited challenges to voter registrations, and, incredibly, makes it a misdemeanor crime for anyone to offer food and water to voters stuck in long lines to cast ballots."

For the record, I think the law is BS, but shouldn't that paragraph be maybe the first thru third instead of halfway through? This shows how crap journalism has become.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Horribly written article. I had to scan through almost halfway through past a dozen+ paragraphs to get to the actual meat and potatoes that explains exactly how this law affects voting:

"The new law in Georgia requires more stringent voter verification requirements for absentee ballots, allows state officials to take over election boards and limits ballot drop boxes that make it easier for people to vote. The law allows any Georgian to make unlimited challenges to voter registrations, and, incredibly, makes it a misdemeanor crime for anyone to offer food and water to voters stuck in long lines to cast ballots."

For the record, I think the law is BS, but shouldn't that paragraph be maybe the first thru third instead of halfway through? This shows how crap journalism has become.
Well, you need to have your emotions triggered first before getting the facts.

On the bright side, at least it wasn't a bunch of tweets "clapping back".

I feel bad for the people thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. All of the trail angels will clearly be fined.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
GA just wants to make it easier to buy a gun than to vote.

They also completely rat-fvcked the office of Secretary of State.

Can‘t wait to see the legal challenges and scotus case.

Also, @grapedrink is right, I should have linked a different article and should stay away from CNN.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Well, you need to have your emotions triggered first before getting the facts.

On the bright side, at least it wasn't a bunch of tweets "clapping back".

I feel bad for the people thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail. All of the trail angels will clearly be fined.
Summary of Article:

OrangeManBad
Voter Suppression
Republicans
Racism
Rusha
Capitol Riots
TDS
QaNon
Moscow Mitch
Any Day Now
ProudBois
Kids in Cages
. . . . . Actual explanation of law

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and Kento

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
The Republicans in control at the state level basically looked at all the ways they lost in 2020 and then made changes. No more SoS deciding not to look for any more “fraud” they’ll just have the party in control appoint a chair of the election board who will comply.

I’m envisioning a 2021 Dukes of Hazard reboot where they transport bootleg water and snacks to people in line to vote. The General will need a makeover though.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GA just wants to make it easier to buy a gun than to vote.

They also completely rat-fvcked the office of Secretary of State.

Can‘t wait to see the legal challenges and scotus case.

Also, @grapedrink is right, I should have linked a different article and should stay away from CNN.

I will not be holding my breathe on a SCOTUS ruling.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Hal obviously didn't read far enough to get to the facts before he started this thread. He still can't explain in his own words what this legislation says or what the harm will be.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and $kully