George Gascon

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So the homeless problem is all on Gavin?

This a problem he could solve but he chooses not to?

(Please note that these are questions.)

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
So the homeless problem is all on Gavin?

This a problem he could solve but he chooses not to?

(Please note that these are questions.)
I'd say Gavin, the legislature, counties and cities have all failed to address the issue. There are some big legal challenges to deal with for sure, especially in the 9th district:

I don't think he can solve this on his own, the legislature would have to pass a bill, but he is definitely not out in front and leading on this issue.

In general I think we as a society have essentially abandoned them to their fate - via the thin veneer of displaying "compassion" - during a pandemic. There's barely a pretense of upholding laws surrounding that population at this point.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'd say Gavin, the legislature, counties and cities have all failed to address the issue. There are some big legal challenges to deal with for sure, especially in the 9th district:

I don't think he can solve this on his own, the legislature would have to pass a bill, but he is definitely not out in front and leading on this issue.

In general I think we as a society have essentially abandoned them to their fate - via the thin veneer of displaying "compassion" - during a pandemic. There's barely a pretense of upholding laws surrounding that population at this point.
I think addressing the problem would be expensive and difficult with a low payoff for a high cost.

Now that it's out of control, I don't even know if we can fix it.

The homelessness really signals the message of a society out of control.

Some of the people around me strike me as potentially dangerous.

I've almost his a couple who were wondering in the street in the dark.

I drive so slow around here so I don't kill anyone.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

This is consistent with KOMO's latest documentary about Seattle. There seems to be a racket with local politicians and real estate developers to add more housing for drug addicts whether or not they use it (usually they don't). Real estate developers get to collect rent money directly from the government. Almost no effort is made to get them into effective mandatory drug treatment. They're not going to get off drugs on their own. The rebuttal I commonly hear to this is, "Housing is only a first step, but an essential one." I never see step two or any discussion of the TYPE of housing and whether it protects anyone else and is effective at getting people off drugs. My wife was chased by a vagrant on meth. Another time she walked through a supermarket with our kids and one was carrying a machete. As near as I can tell, local politicians do not care about women and children.

Anyways, this is propagating rapidly down I5/405 aka "the Free and Easy," but I guess we're getting what we voted for.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
For that portion of the homeless that are highly visible, it's not fixable. They are often not interested in doing the hard work it takes to get back on their feet, have severe substance and mental health issues, and will frequently refuse help unless it's just a free handout with no strings attached. Some people call them "lifestyle homeless", and courts have generally upheld their right to be this way, even if they are a nuisance to everyone else.

The temporarily down and out homeless problem is highly fixable, it just costs money. There have been many successful programs across America that should be emulated in and invested in.

Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
For that portion of the homeless that are highly visible, it's not fixable. They are often not interested in doing the hard work it takes to get back on their feet, have severe substance and mental health issues, and will frequently refuse help unless it's just a free handout with no strings attached. Some people call them "lifestyle homeless", and courts have generally upheld their right to be this way, even if they are a nuisance to everyone else.

The temporarily down and out homeless problem is highly fixable, it just costs money. There have been many successful programs across America that should be emulated in and invested in.
That is what I thought.

Now that homelessness is a lifestyle for some, the society is fucked.

I see them with their bros hanging out in front of the liquor store like they are on a camping adventure.

Now it's a viable option.

Who wants to work fifty hours a week doing hard menial labour to afford living a shitty apt with 6 other people?

Those people are free baby!

They really need to do carrot and the stick.

Sorry to say.

Many of those people have maladapted like seagulls who live off the scraps of humans.

It always comes back to the nervous system.