General skin care post surf?

Mar 4, 2021
People are used to using sunblock to protect themselves from the sun's rays, but after every surf session, you need to remember to moisturize your skin to keep it in good condition. Ocean water during long surf sessions washes away its natural oils from the skin. This can be especially noticeable when a person has sensitive or dry skin. The moisturizer will restore the balance of fluid in the skin and soothe the sensitive skin. You can also sign up for facials at nwcollege.edu. Indeed, during surfing, people with dry skin can get micro-injuries due to exposure to salt and physical contact with the board or other objects.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: GromsDad

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I really need to remember to use moisturizer more.
Maybe it's just a winter drier air thing, but I've recently started to get especially dry (and itchy) under my eyes, which apparently is thinner skin so you're not supposed to use regular face moisturizer. I hate to admit it, but I've started using my wife's eye cream, and it really helps and stops me wanting to rub my eyes cause the skin around them is dry. I'm sure it's too fancy for me, so I'll probably try a couple drugstore brands like Harrys.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I really need to remember to use moisturizer more.
Maybe it's just a winter drier air thing, but I've recently started to get especially dry (and itchy) under my eyes, which apparently is thinner skin so you're not supposed to use regular face moisturizer. I hate to admit it, but I've started using my wife's eye cream, and it really helps and stops me wanting to rub my eyes cause the skin around them is dry. I'm sure it's too fancy for me, so I'll probably try a couple drugstore brands like Harrys.
just got this stuff
IMG_5825.jpg

I have super dry skin and am 46 going on 95. I'll report back when my skin is that of a female supermodel

Reactions: oeste858