GDP report shows booming 4.1 percent growth, as Trump touts 'terrific' numbers

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
CharmingSophisticate said:
1whoknows said:
squidley said:
Autoprax said:
Lets say all this good stuff can be attributed to trump, do you give him a pass if you find him guilty of criminal activity in the RM investigation?
I don't and didn't attribute today's "terrific" economic numbers to Trump. I attributed them to
Trump AND the Republican congress ......just like I attributed Obummer's abysmal numbers to Obama and his first term tax-and-spend Democrat congress.

Your what-if question has nothing to do with this discussion, and came from the deranged mind of a leftist. But I can see why someone as desperate as you would try to deflect.
what does hyper partisan mean?
Have a look in the mirror.
who’s more partisan, you or me?

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
"Exports had an outsized impact in the June quarter. They added 1.06% of the 4.1% total and had their largest positive result since the fourth quarter of 2013. Exports growth grew at a 9.3% clip on an annualized quarter-to-quarter basis and 5.7% year over year.

Trump’s tariffs goosed this number as Morgan Stanley estimated that soybean exports increased 9,400% to try and beat China’s retaliatory ones being implemented. For the foods, feeds and beverages line item its exports increased $29 billion from the March quarter. In comparison in the past two years, they increased $5.5 and $4.3 billion from the March to June quarters, respectively. Just a $25 billion swing in these exports added 0.7% to GDP growth. It wouldn’t be surprising to see trade be a drag on September quarter’s GDP."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2018/07/28/heres-what-impacted-the-june-quarters-gdp/#72935d1b230f

also take note of treasury yields. when the treasury market (roughly 4xs the size of the equities market) foresees a positive economic future yields rise. when the most recent GDP data dropped yields went red.

yields are, in fact, roughly unchanged since the Fed's 1st of now 7 hikes since December 2015. why you may ask yourself are yields not rising in the face of the touted strength of the US economy and rate hikes? because the treasury market (aka the smart money) knows it's all bullshyt.