GDP report shows booming 4.1 percent growth, as Trump touts 'terrific' numbers

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
A welcome relief from the giant sucking sound which eminated from Washington DC for 8 years.

GDP report shows booming 4.1 percent growth, as Trump touts 'terrific' numbers

The U.S. economy grew by 4.1 percent in the second quarter of 2018, marking the fastest economic expansion in nearly four years, according to a highly anticipated estimate released Friday by the Commerce Department.

The gross domestic product (GDP) numbers, considered an official economic scorecard for the country, will be touted by the Trump administration as a strong indication that its tax cuts, commitment to deregulation and tough trade policies have paid off. The GDP broadly reflects the goods and services produced in the country.

The figures may reflect a temporary boost due to short-term factors, but lend a powerful midterm-season talking point to congressional Republicans hitting the campaign trail during the summer recess. Democrats for months have downplayed and criticized the GOP-authored tax cuts as favoring the wealthy, but Republicans maintain that Americans have broadly benefited.

As reported by the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis, the growth from April to June was the largest since the economy's roughly 5 percent surge in the third quarter of 2014, which was the greatest economic expansion since the third quarter of 2003.....
FLASHBACK: Democrats and Liberal Elites Said Trump ‘Was Dreaming’ If He Thinks He Can Get More than 3.0% GDP Growth

I'll note that the 5% Obama quarterly growth rate happened in the fifth year of his presidency, after four years of abysmal growth rates, and two years after voters got rid of the Democrat House of Representatives.

Ronald Reagan: "It is my intention to curb the size and influence of the Federal establishment and to demand recognition of the distinction between the powers granted to the Federal Government and those reserved to the States or to the people. All of us need to be reminded that the Federal Government did not create the States; the States created the Federal Government.

Now, so there will be no misunderstanding, it's not my intention to do away with government. It is rather to make it work--work with us, not over us; to stand by our side, not ride on our back. Government can and must provide opportunity, not smother it; foster productivity, not stifle it.

If we look to the answer as to why for so many years we achieved so much, prospered as no other people on Earth, it was because here in this land we unleashed the energy and individual genius of man to a greater extent than has ever been done before. Freedom and the dignity of the individual have been more available and assured here than in any other place on Earth. The price for this freedom at times has been high, but we have never been unwilling to pay that price."

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Do you know when this will start to affect the huge deficit his polices have created?

Why do you think trickle down is going to work this time?

What is different?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The recession and deficit coming to head will happen just as a Democratic President will be elected to clean it up, as always happened.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Autoprax said:
Do you know when this will start to affect the huge deficit his polices have created?

What is different?

The HUGE Obama deficits were caused because he and congress increased selective spending (Solindra) while increasing regulations on the American economy. It crippled the economy, reduced income and reduced the tax base. This congress increased stimulative spending while reducing federal regulation. The first benefits speak for themselves. Nothing I could tell a leftist elite could ever convince him that Trump + congress policies will have further benefit. Future results will speak for themselves.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
squidley said:
Autoprax said:

What is different?
Future results will speak for themselves.
xactly. this seems like the results of Obama era policies. I.e., these ARE the future results from policies of 6-7 years ago. We’ll have to wait to see the results of this administration’s policies. You’re right again, squid!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
squidley said:
. Nothing I could tell a leftist elite could ever convince him that Trump + congress policies will have further benefit. Future results will speak for themselves.
That is what I am saying dummy.

You and retards like billy are claiming victory before the game is over.

And you pussys are too scared to bet.

What's up with that?

I got my money on trump leading the country to catastrophe.

I hope it doesn't happen.

If you guys are right, as a member of the investor class I will win.

But yeah, don't claim victory before the game is over.

Thxs

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The HUGE Obama deficits were caused because he and congress increased selective spending (Solindra)
this is how I know you're stupid

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Not stupid.

Extreme resource sparing when it comes to a certain types of cognitive activities.

On the surface it looks the same.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Autoprax said:

What is different?
What policies specifically have created these deficits?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Duffy said:
Autoprax said:

What is different?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fiscal-deficit/republican-tax-cuts-to-fuel-historic-u-s-deficits-cbo-idUSKBN1HG2RW

Plus, we spent more on military pork.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Autoprax said:
Duffy said:
Autoprax said:

What is different?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fiscal-deficit/republican-tax-cuts-to-fuel-historic-u-s-deficits-cbo-idUSKBN1HG2RW

Plus, we spent more on military pork.
Revenue to the treasury has increased since the tax cuts were put into effect.....

Fiscal year...

2019 - $3.42 trillion
2018 - $3.34
2017 - $3.32
2016 - $3.27

https://www.thebalance.com/current-u-s-federal-government-tax-revenue-3305762

It’s a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543

Obama was the first President in decades never to see a 3% annual GDP growth rate.

https://money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2017/01/06/obama-economy-10-charts-final/4.html

GDP Quarterly Growth Rates

Median Household Income

Manufacturing

Home Prices

Gasoline Prices

National Debt

All of the negative numbers seen here at the start if Obama's presidency, happened with a Democrat House of Representatives, the House which initiates federal budgets. The Democrat House was a holdover from the final Bush term.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Lets say all this good stuff can be attributed to trump, do you give him a pass if you find him guilty of criminal activity in the RM investigation?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Autoprax said:
Lets say all this good stuff can be attributed to trump, do you give him a pass if you find him guilty of criminal activity in the RM investigation?
I don't and didn't attribute today's "terrific" economic numbers to Trump. I attributed them to
Trump AND the Republican congress ......just like I attributed Obummer's abysmal numbers to Obama and his first term tax-and-spend Democrat congress.

Your what-if question has nothing to do with this discussion, and came from the deranged mind of a leftist. But I can see why someone as desperate as you would try to deflect.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
squidley said:
Autoprax said:
I don't and didn't attribute today's "terrific" economic numbers to Trump. I attributed them to
Trump AND the Republican congress ......just like I attributed Obummer's abysmal numbers to Obama and his first term tax-and-spend Democrat congress.

Your what-if question has nothing to do with this discussion, and came from the deranged mind of a leftist. But I can see why someone as desperate as you would try to deflect.
what does hyper partisan mean?

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
1whoknows said:
squidley said:
Autoprax said:

what does hyper partisan mean?
Have a look in the mirror.