Gavin will own your home now

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Not quite.

"The money would come from a yet-unspecified revolving fund set up by the state, with shares sold to investors. As home values increase, so would the value of the shares."
Once again the “progressive” Democrat Industrial Complex invents a new and ingenious way to vaporize other peoples money.

Reactions: Havoc

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Not to mention the state wanting to take over by over riding local zoning laws making way for developers to convert commercial property to low income housing & even possibly allowing multi unit apartments being built in single family neighborhoods

Reactions: Havoc

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Not to mention the state wanting to take over by over riding local zoning laws making way for developers to convert commercial property to low income housing & even possibly allowing multi unit apartments being built in single family neighborhoods
The former has been going on for decades. I wouldn't worry so much about standard commercial (i.e., no drycleaners) being converted but industrial properties being converted with minimal, if any, cleanup or mitigation of any kind. How the Treasure Island and Hunter's Point development companies haven't been class-action sued into the multi-billions is mind-boggling.

If you're thinking about buying a house in a brand-new development in an urban area, think long and hard about what was there before and do some due diligence. It should be absolutely mandatory for real estate agents to divulge any and all environmental issues not just on the actual property but also within a certain radius depending on the type of property.

Reactions: laidback

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Another step closer

LMAO I'm so old I remember when it was the Democrats in favor of regulations preventing home ownership. Here regulations get cut, and the vaginal discharge is predictable: from some right-leaning nimbys.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Also regarding the OP, to me, this is a shitty idea if it's for any home purchase and not for only legal citizens/residents who don't currently own a home anywhere in the US.

Otherwise, it's just going to tack on 45% to the Blackrock/residential-real-estate-as-monthly-recurring-revenue-generating-asset price.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
LMAO I'm so old I remember when it was the Democrats in favor of regulations preventing home ownership. Here regulations get cut, and the vaginal discharge is predictable: from some right-leaning nimbys.
What do you think this is?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What do you think this is?
The bill allowing multiple families in single family homes from laidback's post, which I was responding to?

It's a deregulation, obviously. If previously, only one family could live somewhere by law, but now, multiple families can live somewhere by law, the regulations have been decreased.

The suggestion that the state throws in and owns 45% in your OP?

That's an increase in government participation and without some heavy restrictions on who is eligible for Sacramento Sugar, I highly doubt it will help poorer Californians.