Gary "Gaz" Gregg aka Bloomies Paddle Out

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Pretty sure Disco Tex won’t be getting a paddle out like this.

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
Gaz was such a good dude. I first crossed paths with him on a local BB about 15 years ago and eventually met him out at his local where he made me feel welcome. Over the years I got to surf with him here and there and got to know him through various mutual friends. It was always good to see him. I was so bummed to learn of his passing and regret not being able to make it to the paddle out but It sounded like it was a fitting tribute. He is very missed.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
That remark was totally inappropriate in this tribute
Sure it was. Gaz spent his time here sparring with Disco. Gaz was a stand up guy as most of us already knew and is on display in this paddle out video and disco was, well disco was something else...

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
fck. bloomies was a solid dude. never got to meet him in person which i really regret. he gave me a ton of good advice for my SA trip and got me the bro deal on wetsuits and fins from moment shop. just reading back through all our pms i'm gutted. RIP bloomies!

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
Wait, what? We lost bloomies? Never even came close to meeting him but I liked his vibe and and appreciated his posts.

For what it's worth, I'll drink a beer and think of him next time I hook up with a trout or snag a soul-satisfying wave.

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
I paid my respects to the much loved pnw legend Gaz with a handful of great waves that morning. It was a glorious day with clean swell and light offshores. Parental obligations didn't allow for me to attend the paddle out event that early evening but my heart was there. RIP Gaz. Not a day in the ocean goes by that I don't think of you.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Surfed with him at Agate Beach, unplanned, just happened to hang out in the lineup and chat together. He asked what "spacecraft" I was riding, so I hopped off my Album Sub and let him check it out. He examined the board like a connoisseur, admired the lines, and then it was time for the next set to roll through. He paddled and caught the first of the set and went on down the line.... RIP Gary. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.