Gary "Gaz" Gregg aka Bloomies Paddle Out

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
El Ogro mentioned on a different thread about catching one for Bloomies. Made me realize he never got his due here on the erbb after passing from natural causes way to young. Some of you knew him from his postings here and the luckier ones got to meet or surf with him in person. A true surfer who traveled the world chasing waves till the end. South Africa, Europe, Hawaii, and up and down the West Coast. He led an incredible life. Gaz was much respected in his local community and the turnout on a clear and crisp 40 degree day was a testament to that. Stocked our family was able to make it and catch up with friends from up and down the coast that made the journey. One last sesh with Gaz. RIP buddy.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
He was always a stand up poster. It’s been a while hasn’t it? Is this the one year anniversary?

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Thanks for sharing that warble. bloomies seemed like a good guy and he will be missed

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Bloomies had a lot of stock. I was really bummed to hear about his illness and passing. Had quite the Words With Friends rivalry with him.

RIP.

Reactions: john4surf

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Holy smokes I had no idea. And I’m Facebook friends with him too :cry: rip Bloomies
always confused his Facebook name with another Gary, same age, from Ireland, nearly lifelong surfer too :unsure:
go fund me?

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Accord to QSurf he had a nice set of pearly whites and hair from a romance novel (iirc, paraphrasing an old post). Not "indian corn teeth". Seemed like a solid poster full of stock.

RIP Bloomies
didn’t somebody post a pic of him here? i don’t read romance novels, but i think q was lying... ?

i do remember he used to call people out as “c*nt-rag“ (huh? that was a novel slur...) all the time...

rip.

Bud

Nep status
Apr 20, 2001
Oahu
www.808surfer.com
El Ogro mentioned on a different thread about catching one for Bloomies. Made me realize he never got his due here on the erbb after passing from natural causes way to young. Some of you knew him from his postings here and the luckier ones got to meet or surf with him in person. A true surfer who traveled the world chasing waves till the end. South Africa, Europe, Hawaii, and up and down the West Coast. He led an incredible life. Gaz was much respected in his local community and the turnout on a clear and crisp 40 degree day was a testament to that. Stocked our family was able to make it and catch up with friends from up and down the coast that made the journey. One last sesh with Gaz. RIP buddy.

I'm not crying you're crying. Surf On Bloomies

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
I knew him fairly well and surfed with him plenty over the years. Great guy and PNW legend. Unfortunately couldn't make the paddle out, but what a beautiful spring day it was and the turnout a testament to his gratitude, stoke, and respect for others in the water.