Gaetz: Done

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

i guess this case is done
Drag the guy through the mud for political gain without the evidence to back it up. Authoritarians going to Authoritarian.........

• Haha
Reactions: need 4 speed

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Accused sex trafficker and MAGA cheerleader Matt Gaetz is claiming ignorance, but even Kevin McCarthy says the walls are closing in.

The Daily Beast reports that the House Ethics Committee and ABC have texts between Florida Congressperson Matt Gaetz and a woman who claims she was paid to have sex with him at a party. Gaetz's friend Joel Greenberg was sentenced to 11 years in prison for supplying women to these parties and is cooperating with the Ethics Committee investigation.

The Daily Beast can now report that this woman told prosecutors in 2021 that she had sex with Gaetz at a drug-fueled party that she was paid to attend, according to the woman's attorney.
This attorney told The Daily Beast on Thursday that the woman, in fact, received payments in connection with multiple sex parties with people in Gaetz's circle. Her lawyer said that, in response to a subpoena, she testified about her experiences to the U.S. Attorneys investigating Gaetz. And she turned over text messages, photos, and other evidence to the Justice Department as part of its child sex trafficking inquiry into the Florida congressman, the lawyer said.
The Daily Beast has obtained some of those messages and photos, which match the documents described by ABC News.
Former Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy, whom Gaetz famously targetted for removal, reputedly over the ethics probe, says Gaetz'll soon be in jail. Gaetz is calling for McCarthy to be the chairman of the RNC. As a famous Canadian poet once wrote, "Isn't it ironic?"

• Wow
Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I've heard this with Gaetz before. I'm cautiously optimistic but, like Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins wasting a few weeks hogging the limelight before they inevitably vote against a (D) health reform bill they wouldn't repeal in a thousand years, or for an (R) Supreme Court nominee they knew full well was lying to them, I have grave concerns and serious misgivings.

Reactions: sirfun

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I feel gross saying this, but Gaetz is growing on me if not only for the chaos

Paid da cost to be da Bost:

In the most infamous of them, during a debate over pensions, he threw a stack of legislation into the air and punched it on the way down, while screaming. He also once drove to his wife’s cousin’s house and shot their dog—a beagle named Rusty—to death after Rusty had bitten his daughter.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf