Futures Twins

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Found a Misfit Beach Cloud twinny in a sales rack and couldn't pass it up for the price. Had felt one up late last year at Kirra surf and really liked it.
Yeah Salty's have a few different twins now and they all look good for their intended purpose. I should also mention, nice product too with a really clean finish.

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
Looks like McNeill has some Twin Fins and Keels coming from True Ames in the near future. Cant find any information about their size though. Anyone have any information other than what's in Gary's Insta?

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
FWIW True Ames McNeill Twin fins are 5.45" Height, 5.16" Base , and an area of 22.19".

Oct 2, 2019
FWIW True Ames McNeill Twin fins are 5.45" Height, 5.16" Base , and an area of 22.19".
Im waiting for Gary to get restocked but if i don't hear back from him in the next day or two ill be buying akilas, they seem to be the best option for everyday up to solid waves.
Was using AMT's in my RTT and they were sliding out a bit on a solid day

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
These are the Captain Fin Co CC twin especial keels. About 10% bigger than the K2s.
Another good modern twin fin set is the Tyler Warren twin and trailer set. Great to use in some 5 fin boards on smaller days.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Anyone try the son of cobra twins from futures? Curious how they compare to the Aipas or the ENs. Also want to try the T2 twin.
Look pretty upright with a full tip. 7.5° is:unsure:
5.68x5.21

"The Son of Cobra Twin is designed with extra base angle to fit all Post-modern Twin fins with deep double concave bottom shape, especially the new ...Lost Cobra Killer and other Son of Cobra Round Twin. These fins have a 7.5 degree fin base angle (4 degrees is standard for twins) specifically to be paired with the Lost Surfboards x SOC “Cobra Killer” board model.
Solid Fiberglass construction combined with a balanced base and height provides maximum drive, while the thinner tip offers release and spring off the top."

Reactions: kookEcho

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Futures responded to me and said they won't make glass T1's anymore and don't have plans to.

I wish glass fins were mo popular
I've talked to them about this in person at several trade events. It's pretty clear that glass fins are the best material out there. You want more flex? Foil it out. Want a stiffer base with more twang at the tip? Sand accordingly. They wont wear put either. They had an acknowledging look in their eye when I went on about it.
Plain and simple: they dont make enough margin with fiberglass fins.

Oct 2, 2019
Anyone tried the Need Essentials fins ?
I've noticed they've got a set of twins out supposedly designed by Simon Jones (MOTE) and Torren Martyn. $100AUD a set
Pretty tempted

cdes

Nep status
Oct 9, 2006
Im waiting for Gary to get restocked but if i don't hear back from him in the next day or two ill be buying akilas, they seem to be the best option for everyday up to solid waves.
Was using AMT's in my RTT and they were sliding out a bit on a solid day
For my RTT, I tried Sea Shepherd Keels, AMTs, and McNeill's but settled on some McCallum's from Captain Fins. Its all just personal preference though.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Look pretty upright with a full tip. 7.5° is:unsure:
5.68x5.21

"The Son of Cobra Twin is designed with extra base angle to fit all Post-modern Twin fins with deep double concave bottom shape, especially the new ...Lost Cobra Killer and other Son of Cobra Round Twin. These fins have a 7.5 degree fin base angle (4 degrees is standard for twins) specifically to be paired with the Lost Surfboards x SOC “Cobra Killer” board model.
Solid Fiberglass construction combined with a balanced base and height provides maximum drive, while the thinner tip offers release and spring off the top."
Might be too much cant. But still not as bad as the AMT.

Reactions: need 4 speed

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Really happy with retodds recommend for the Elmore Twin set by Captain Fins.

All fiberglass, slightly larger than the MR template and comes with a trailer/stabilizer.
Those fins look fun. I’ll probably pick up a set.

Reactions: kookEcho