Fundraiser for my sister-in-law

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
Fellow ERBB denizens and degenerates, for your consideration I humbly and reluctantly post a fundraiser for my sister-in-law who was severely injured in an accident back in November. To keep it surf-related, I taught her kids to surf in their early years and she took up surfing relatively late in life to share that time and their love of it.

Laura Zylinski's GoFundMe

Details of the accident (car vs. motorcycle, her boyfriend was killed and she barely made it) itself can be found in the link, and I can attest that the aftermath has been less than pleasant (understatement of the year). We/I've been doing what I can to assist with logistics (her kids' school and sports schedules, immediate needs and support, etc.) as well as the financial end of things (still challenging with mounting medical and legal expenses on top of usual living expenses and prior financial commitments). She has made considerable progress since the accident (After a stay in rehab was able to return home- only feasible because most of the family lives local; I can't imagine how anyone without a support network could do this on their own- but is homebound and continues to undergo frequent treatments, is facing more surgery, and is still unable to return to work).

I thank you in advance if you can and are willing to contribute.

Reactions: john4surf

hackeysaky

Miki Dora status
Dec 19, 2002
NJ
What is the insurance situation like?
Not great thus far since it was a motorcycle accident (the initial support/cap from the auto insurance is less than they had been in an automobile). Seems like all the insurance companies involved are just trying to pin blame on the other (which makes sense from the business end of things, but is bad for the humans involved). There is litigation underway (so can't address details) but that is a long process, longer than expected (partially because that's just the way of the process, but also COVID, weather, and mobility-related issues have added significant delays as things slowly progress).

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Fellow ERBB denizens and degenerates, for your consideration I humbly and reluctantly post a fundraiser for my sister-in-law who was severely injured in an accident back in November. To keep it surf-related, I taught her kids to surf in their early years and she took up surfing relatively late in life to share that time and their love of it.

Laura Zylinski's GoFundMe

Details of the accident (car vs. motorcycle, her boyfriend was killed and she barely made it) itself can be found in the link, and I can attest that the aftermath has been less than pleasant (understatement of the year). We/I've been doing what I can to assist with logistics (her kids' school and sports schedules, immediate needs and support, etc.) as well as the financial end of things (still challenging with mounting medical and legal expenses on top of usual living expenses and prior financial commitments). She has made considerable progress since the accident (After a stay in rehab was able to return home- only feasible because most of the family lives local; I can't imagine how anyone without a support network could do this on their own- but is homebound and continues to undergo frequent treatments, is facing more surgery, and is still unable to return to work).

I thank you in advance if you can and are willing to contribute.
Donated John