FS: Campbell Bros MB5 & Von Sol Flying Manta(Von Sol SOLD)

Jul 20, 2008
MB5 6’ x 21 1/2” x 2 5/8 with 6.5 True Ames Bonzer fin and Curve travel bag. Condition of board is 9.5. A few pressures on deck consistent with around 6 sessions and one insignificant half inch surface crack near rail. (Bumped against something) Bottom is flawless.
$750 (the oval on the bottom nose area is a reflection of my ceiling fixture)

Flying Manta 5’8 x 22” x 2 3/4” with Stiletto quads + nubster, Curve day bag and FCS Comp leash. Because of construction this board has held up extremely well. Pressures are shallow. No dings but two surface cracks that are again insignificant. Very light and super strong. Condition is 8 out of 10 only because of age and slight yellowing.
$400

As with all my boards I rinse with fresh water and always in bags when not using. I live on the Gulf coast so this will most likely require shipping. I’ve always had great experiences with air cargo as long as it’s airport to airport delivery. Keep cost down too. Meaning, I drop off at airport and you would pick up from your airport. No ground transportation equals less cost and handling. For example. Jacob Campbell dropped off at Delta Air Cargo on Honolulu and I picked up in New Orleans. $150. I have boxes and packing materials.
I’m selling only because my dog blew out his knee and the surgery was $4000 so I need to recoup some funds. Sucks, but I got to do what I got to do.
MB51.jpg
MB52.jpg
MB53.jpg
MB54.jpg
MB58.jpg
VS1.jpg
VS2.jpg
VS3.jpg
VS5.jpg
VS6.jpg

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
We’ve had two dogs that got a TPLO. Surgery, not cheap, but worth every penny. I’m assuming there’s what your pup had done. It’s critical,, n a pain in the a$$ to do the very long post surgery recovery/rest but the results are worth it.

Sounds like Sharky’s dog had same procedure

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
We’ve had two dogs that got a TPLO. Surgery, not cheap, but worth every penny. I’m assuming there’s what your pup had done. It’s critical,, n a pain in the a$$ to do the very long post surgery recovery/rest but the results are worth it.

Sounds like Sharky’s dog had same procedure
I have read that spaying/neutering dogs before they hit puberty leaves them prone to this kind of thing. Puberty is what causes the growth plates to close. Without that happening their growth gets disproportionate and it leaves them prone to this type of thing. Spaying/neutering also reduces their lifespan by close to 20%. Lack of sex hormones isn't any better for dogs than it would be for you. And this information came from peer reviewed studies done at veterinary schools. I had a mastiff that made it to age 13. Which is unheard of in a dog that size. He died with his nuts.

Swallow Tail

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
I have read that spaying/neutering dogs before they hit puberty leaves them prone to this kind of thing. Puberty is what causes the growth plates to close. Without that happening their growth gets disproportionate and it leaves them prone to this type of thing. Spaying/neutering also reduces their lifespan by close to 20%. Lack of sex hormones isn't any better for dogs than it would be for you. And this information came from peer reviewed studies done at veterinary schools. I had a mastiff that made it to age 13. Which is unheard of in a dog that size. He died with his nuts.
The knees - it’s a physics thing/genetics:

Dogs - the cruciate ligaments are the only things keeping the femur from running past the lower leg- so they get an extraordinary amount of stress - particularly w larger and heavier dogs.

So those ligaments get stretched, torn, and eventually break. If it’s only one knee n it’s an older less active dog then some folks opt not to do surgery n manage w medication.

Spay/neutering… there is no established authority on “when” is ideal, there are good arguments to do it @ 8-10 weeks as well as past puberty. Preventing Blown out knees is not one of them.
Bit Most important thing is that it gets done!

I worked at a non profit rescue w it’s own vet clinic for 15 yrs that took on lots of busted up dogs that people took to the shelter- shelter would contact us n we’d take them, otherwise they’d have been euthanized. I fostered/rehabbed many medical dogs as well as those w behavior issues, and also got to know hundreds of dogs very well. Was a very cool job

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
No offense but I can show you a lot of data indicating that you’re wrong

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I just got off my bike at the beach. Can barely see my screen. Start with this.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Fair enough.

I’ll leave you with this from pet MD.

“Studies show that early spay/neuter does affect the growth plate, delaying its closure and causing dogs to grow taller than they should have. This can predispose the dog to later joint problems.“

As I said, you can look this up in peer reviewed studies from multiple veterinary colleges. I’ve had this conversation with multiple vets in person. As soon as they find out I have read the studies, without exception the say some variation of, “you’re right. But you understand why we have to lie about this right?” And I do. The type of dogs I prefer are not the kinds of dogs you turn loose on the beach or In a dog park. Always leashed or behind a fence. No danger of unintentional breeding.

Jul 20, 2008
I wanted to let everyone know who may be interested that Delta Air Cargo was a no go for me. They didn't inform me on the phone but you have to have an account with them or go through the process of TSA approval. The guy working the counter told me it could take weeks to months for approval. Jacob has an account and that's how he sent the Bonzer to me from Hawaii. It would have been $144 for me to send the Flying Manta to Wilmington from New Orleans.
The cheapest @Breaking and I found was actually USPS Ground. Louisiana to North Carolina was $188.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
I bought a board off a guy in NY a few years ago and he shipped thru amtrak to nc for $80 i think. Worked well but i had to drive to fayetteville

grundy

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 16, 2005
I've had success shipping with Greyhound in the past. And Greyhound stations are always in the nicest part of town so you get to go tour some cool neighborhoods too.