***Fresh~Water Pro***

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I watched maybe 4-5 waves today from the contest. I think it's boring to watch because 99.999% of "surfers" can't relate to the wave. I've seen it in person, and yeah, it's AWESOME, but video just doesn't do it justice.

The lack of wave knowledge, strategy, luck, etc... makes it really boring to watch.

If you're there to watch a contest, you can literally watch the surfers you want based on minutes. You want to watch Slater? Ok, he's up at 2:05pm. Medina? Ok, he's surfing at 3:30pm.

It's a bit odd.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I think they should put two guys in the water at once. Cut the wave in half. Turn section. Pull out. Next guy catches tube section.

But yeah rumor is it’s off tour next year.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Hey you know the most dynamic, exciting, unpredictable and ultimately lovely thing about surfing?

The ocean?

Yeah, I've got a great idea, let's have a contest where we completely eliminate that whole mess and instead have it in a muddy pond with a wave that has no variation and long waits in between waves.

Hmm, sounds iffy, we'll need some really engaging commentary and interview staff to fill the void with thought provoking insights between waves.

I'll see if Cote is available.

Perfect.

eddie webster

OTF status
Aug 26, 2014
exactly have the surfers (artist) pick a tune and they dance to it on these waves. i say fire all but one announcer and hire a dj. much like ice skating.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I watched maybe 4-5 waves today from the contest. I think it's boring to watch because 99.999% of "surfers" can't relate to the wave. I've seen it in person, and yeah, it's AWESOME, but video just doesn't do it justice.

The lack of wave knowledge, strategy, luck, etc... makes it really boring to watch.

If you're there to watch a contest, you can literally watch the surfers you want based on minutes. You want to watch Slater? Ok, he's up at 2:05pm. Medina? Ok, he's surfing at 3:30pm.

It's a bit odd.
Uncertainty and danger are gone.

We thrill when we see pros overcome these things.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
K, Felipe made it fun to watch! f-king beautiful and exciting surfing!

Now back to the bore fest.....

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
wonder if u could get tubed from start to finish on the right

turns out winds make a big difference out there. waves arent all exactly equal

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
wonder if u could get tubed from start to finish on the right

turns out winds make a big difference out there. waves arent all exactly equal
Yep. and since there's only 2 rounds, I think it's actually a less even playing field.