***Fresh~Water Pro***

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Can't stand the announcer who never shut up.

Boring repetitive wave with no consequence of fall. Good for practice. Bad for contest.

Oct 29, 2012
Televised surf contests are usually pretty boring—all that time between sets, how brief most rides are, etc. But this takes boring to a whole new level. Thing is, I hope we get a wave pool like this in the Bay Area, say out near Pleasanton. I think the affluent Google set will love it and it will reduce pressure on actual surf spots.Think about it. Money will get you waves and there won’t be competition for the wave you buy. Perfect for the “the ocean belongs to everyone, bro” set who feel entitled to waves without regard competence level, positioning, etc.

Oct 29, 2012
Idea to make the wave pool contest more interesting: anchor a variety of boards randomly along the line of the wave so that competitors have to maneuver around them. Reposition the boards (call em “kooks”, “hazards”?) between rounds. Hell, reposition between waves.

Wait, this even better: Each competitor in each heat gets to have one team member standing in the shallows along the path of the wave. Each team member gets one board that he can push into the path of a breaking wave to try to throw a rider off his line. The team member—lets call ‘em ”the jammer” has to decide which competitor he’s going to try to jam. You get a competitor who isn’t expected to be a big factor, maybe no jammer tries to jam hi. You get Medina, maybe all the jammers try to jam him. Now that’s a competition!

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Man its flooded as hell in Houston right now, almost as bad as hurricane harvey.
Love me some freshwater pro action.
Stuck in this office cant leave