Forecast Help - Rincon PR

jts80

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 17, 2007
NJ
I'm headed to Rincon PR at the end of the week for an extended trip. I've already been there a bunch of times so I know what boards out of my quiver work best. I'm trying to dial in what I want to bring but I don't have access to a long range forecast - more than 7 days. Can anyone with access to the Surfline long range forecast for Rincon do me a favor and post it? Thanks for the help.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Unless you're going to surf Tres Palmas all you need in Rincon is a shortboard and maybe a small wave board.

Edit: but I took a quick look at the long term forecast and there's nothing significant.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Ouch. I just looked at the long range. Its bad. There are some waves headed there this weekend but beyond that its poo. If you were staying up on the North coast you might find some waist to chest next week. For Rincon the 4th-15th are basically flat to waist high according to Surfline. I'd much rather snorkel those reefs in Rincon than surf them in knee high waves. Rent a SUP or take some snorkeling gear.

You never know though. Surfline could be wrong. Familiarize yourself with the North coast or better yet change your accommodations to someplace by Jobos so you can be on it at Jobos or Middles at first light before the trades get on it.

jts80

Legend (inyourownmind)
May 17, 2007
NJ
Just got back over the weekend. There were waves for the first 5 days. Sat. - Mon. the surf was solid chest to head with plus sets. The surf faded into Tuesday, but it was really fun with clean conditions all day. By Wednesday it was all but gone but there were still some fun ones.