One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
looks like it's behind a paywall.
Care to share the spoilers?
looks like it's behind a paywall.
Care to share the spoilers?
I have the paywall too. I'm guessing that they like it (saves money) based on the fact they use the pic to headline the article.

This one wasn't pay walled-

The Ford Maverick is #2 after Lexus NX in fastest payback, based on $5 gas and 12,000 miles a year. They say the hybrid payback is "instant" in that the non hybrid costs more to begin with.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I was on the list to order a Ford Maverick. Ordering was supposed to open in September. I called in September and they told me it had been postponed to to October. So it's October. I went to the dealer and they told me ordering HAD opened in September but closed in four days because of the overflow. So I've been moved onto the list for next year. The dealer told me if anyone wants a Bronco they have to wait until 2025. :foreheadslap:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I have NEVER been drawn to Fords, but the Maverick has been turning my head recently.

Having something that is not a prius that can bump me over 40 mpg is tempting.

hHat being said, I have a feeling that mpg is going to disappoint.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I have NEVER been drawn to Fords, but the Maverick has been turning my head recently.

Having something that is not a prius that can bump me over 40 mpg is tempting.

hHat being said, I have a feeling that mpg is going to disappoint.
If you read the owner comments on https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/ they tend to get better than EPA estimate. Depends on how you drive. When I drive our Prius if I go 65 I can get 60mpg. If I drive 80 mph I get 48 mpg (which is still pretty good). The Maverick AWD drive non hybrid mpg is not great.

The disappointment comes with trying to get one. I'm on a waiting list and missed 2022 and 2023 (next year's ordering closed in less tha a week). I don't want to pahy the $10,000 mark up on the ones you find at the dealer.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The success of the Maverick indicates an enormous demand for smaller, more economical trucks. A market segment totally ignored by manufacturers for decades is still there. Will be interesting to see what Toyota comes up with. Disclaimer: I owned a '94 Toyota pickup for 25 years, best vehicle I've ever owned.

Reactions: menobrah and Chocki

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
If you read the owner comments on https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/ they tend to get better than EPA estimate. Depends on how you drive. When I drive our Prius if I go 65 I can get 60mpg. If I drive 80 mph I get 48 mpg (which is still pretty good). The Maverick AWD drive non hybrid mpg is not great.

The disappointment comes with trying to get one. I'm on a waiting list and missed 2022 and 2023 (next year's ordering closed in less tha a week). I don't want to pahy the $10,000 mark up on the ones you find at the dealer.

My wife's Prius C will get into the 40-50mpg range.
I get more like 32 in my Prius V if I'm lead footing to work and back. Hills and 80mph.

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
Pine Tree for the Win Aluminum isn't your friend had my side by side in the cab doing the funky chicken to unload it on a rock wall level with my truck , slip slide game over

IMG_4688.jpeg

Attachments

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The new L edition of the JGC limited is incredible. Not a ford and not a pick up but I think it’s Jeeps finest work in their modern era. Like a smaller sportier sexier suburban That gets 25 on the highway. Much larger than the standard JGC but still drives like a sporty mid size suv

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The new L edition of the JGC limited is incredible. Not a ford and not a pick up but I think it’s Jeeps finest work in their modern era. Like a smaller sportier sexier suburban That gets 25 on the highway. Much larger than the standard JGC but still drives like a sporty mid size suv
i'd probably agree if the hood/grill weren't so ugly