ford trucks still the best like a rock!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
What you guys think about new Ford Lightning?

Would be nice . MSRP is reasonable. But standard battery has "...up to 230 mile range." That "up to" is ambiguous. WOnder what the real life range is? It won't make it from LA to Bishop, or LA to Gorda. Then they y say at a charging station if takes 44 minutes to charge "...15% to 80%." That would be good if it was 80% but not 15%. So what is it?

Also no extended cab so just the little bed....

I'm still car shopping. Not a good time to be doing that....

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The last two Fords I've gotten have had the Aluminum hood issue. I'm done with Ford. The lease on my wife's Explorer is up in three months and the entire lead edge of the hood has the paint starting to bubble up from underneath due to the aluminum issue. Ford doesn't stand behind their products. Did you know the paint is supposed to bubble off of your $43,000 vehicle when its got 28,000 miles on it? Fook Ford.

This isn't mine but my last two Fords have had this problem.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The last two Fords I've gotten have had the Aluminum hood issue. I'm done with Ford. The lease on my wife's Explorer is up in three months and the entire lead edge of the hood has the paint starting to bubble up from underneath due to the aluminum issue. Ford doesn't stand behind their products. Did you know the paint is supposed to bubble off of your $43,000 vehicle when its got 28,000 miles on it? Fook Ford.

This isn't mine but my last two Fords have had this problem.

Sounds like an easy fix. I know aluminum aircraft parts and boat masts have special primer, yellow green in color.

But yeah. They should have figured that out...

Last edited:

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Ford just announced they are shutting down the F150 production line for a week due to lack needed chip supplies.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Ford just announced they are shutting down the F150 production line for a week due to lack needed chip supplies.
https://techmonitor.ai/technology/chip-shortage-tsmc-samsung-us-uk-taiwan-automotive

We only produce 10% of the chips we use in the USA. That's seems a strategic liability.

And for the clmate change deniers who think it doesn't affect them-

"Aside from the pandemic, other factors contributing to the shortage include a drought in Taiwan, the worst for 50 years, which has left TSMC and other manufacturers struggling to get hold of sufficient quantities of water, which is crucial in chip manufacturing."

• Wow
Reactions: PRCD and afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
https://techmonitor.ai/technology/chip-shortage-tsmc-samsung-us-uk-taiwan-automotive

We only produce 10% of the chips we use in the USA. That's seems a strategic liability.

And for the clmate change deniers who think it doesn't affect them-

"Aside from the pandemic, other factors contributing to the shortage include a drought in Taiwan, the worst for 50 years, which has left TSMC and other manufacturers struggling to get hold of sufficient quantities of water, which is crucial in chip manufacturing."
the lack of domestic production, in general, is a strategic liability

I'm so tired of everyone soft-pedaling China

Reactions: john4surf

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
the lack of domestic production, in general, is a strategic liability

I'm so tired of everyone soft-pedaling China
China is going to run the world in our lifetime so you need to show more respect. Maybe take your shoes off when you talk about them.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf