For all the badmouthing of USPS

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I’m 95% certain that it was my usps mail carrier who moved my trash bin on trash day . . . . While it was full trash, and ended up not getting collected that day. She gets worked up when there are too many cars parked on the street and has to actually get out of her car to give me my mail as opposed to driving up. I didn’t realize that drive up mailbox access was a requirement for all homes, because I’ve lived in plenty of homes that didn’t have it.

Thankfully I have an awesome neighbor who is a contractor and happened to be going to the dump the next day who took care of my trash for me.

May 24, 2020
I had a similar situation. I ordered something for a website with sportswear, and they are working with DHL delivery. My order was pretty big, so it was split into two parcels. I was checking the package tracker every day so to be sure that it arrives. The first parcel arrived in just two days. I waited a week for the second parcel, and then I got a notification that it was delivered to the destination, and the owner got it. It was strange for me because I didn't get the parcel, so I called customer service to clarify this situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
UPS has really been dropping the ball lately. Currently have two packages that have been “out for delivery” since this last Wednesday.
I'm sorry this is happening to you. I've noticed a shift. In the past everything got delivered UPS but in the past year its gone almost entirely to FedEx. The volume of boxes that get delivered to my house is incredible. Pretty much every bit of shopping we do is on-line except for fresh foods.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'm sorry this is happening to you. I've noticed a shift. In the past everything got delivered UPS but in the past year its gone almost entirely to FedEx. The volume of boxes that get delivered to my house is incredible. Pretty much every bit of shopping we do is on-line except for fresh foods.
Support local businesses bruh.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I’m 95% certain that it was my usps mail carrier who moved my trash bin on trash day . . . . While it was full trash, and ended up not getting collected that day. She gets worked up when there are too many cars parked on the street and has to actually get out of her car to give me my mail as opposed to driving up. I didn’t realize that drive up mailbox access was a requirement for all homes, because I’ve lived in plenty of homes that didn’t have it.

Thankfully I have an awesome neighbor who is a contractor and happened to be going to the dump the next day who took care of my trash for me.
My parents had to end up moving the mailbox years ago because the lazy clerk started not delivering mail

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Printer cartridge business is booming apparently.

In this shut down economy, ruined by the tyrannical government enforcing the plandemic rules in order to muzzle you and control the society?

Unpossible.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
USPS is no more or less reliable than UPS and FedEx have been for me over the past year at a fraction of the cost.

And for those of you calling postal workers lazy, they’ve come a long way from the days when they walked around your neighborhood delivering envelopes. So much more has fallen on them in the age of Amazon and online ordering of goods. My condo has over a hundred units. When my postal worker pulls up 6 days a week she typically has 25 plus boxes to deliver on a given day and thats just in my complex alone. She’s a total gem despite my dog being a complete asshole to her in the most cliche manner possible.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Printer cartridge business is booming apparently.

In this shut down economy, ruined by the tyrannical government enforcing the plandemic rules in order to muzzle you and control the society?

Unpossible.
My region is blowing up as people flee shitholes like NY and Philadelphia and head to the coast. Real estate prices around here are insane now. Business has surged along with this shift.
The plandemic also caused a surge in demand for the products and services where I make my living particularly in the medical vertical and in verticals where technology was needed to keep business going. Chip shortage is likely going to screw the pooch for 3rd and 4th quarter of 2021 though. If you need anything technology related buy now cause sh!t is getting scarce.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
space x can't build more starlink satellites because they can't get chips

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
The ripple effect is just starting to hit. Inventories are depleting quick of technology built and in the box. Supply chain to build up inventory is lagging and creating a widespread ripple effect. I placed a major order for a client with a tech giant in March and the hardware just reached my warehouse last week. Six months ago that same order would have been in my warehouse in less than five business days. We are placing orders now and being told we won't see the hardware until October.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

If you are looking at buying real estate in Philadelphia in 2021, you must read until the end. Philadelphia is a hot seller's real estate market by all housing indicators. There is a huge gap between supply and demand leading to a rapid price appreciation. Philadelphia home prices rose by nearly 13% in 2020.

The same trend is predicted for 2021. Low-interest rates, tight supply, and high buyer-demand will keep the market hot and exert even more upward pull on house prices. The median sales price of single-family homes in the Greater Philadephia housing market has reached $315,000, up 14.5% year-over-year.

Real estate is blowing up everywhere (dipstick).

Last edited: