For all the badmouthing of USPS

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
UPS has really been dropping the ball lately. Currently have two packages that have been “out for delivery” since this last Wednesday.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
The only way out for USPS is to increase prices to some level that the market will bear. Is there some reason that they cannot do that? If so, Congress needs to do something about that. Losing the USPS would not be a good thing.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The only way out for USPS is to increase prices to some level that the market will bear. Is there some reason that they cannot do that? If so, Congress needs to do something about that. Losing the USPS would not be a good thing.
How about getting rid of the absurd pension requirement forced on them by Republicans clearly designed to kill the USPS and sell to corporate America?

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
they operate inefficiently and spend more than they can make. It is not matter of raising prices only. It is matter of operating efficiently. Which they cant, because they are managed stupidly.

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
UPS and FedEx have both been terrible for weeks. In fact, I typically had far more problems with FedEx than I ever had with the Post Office even before this lockdown/pandemic. I haven’t had a single FedEx package delivered by the scheduled delivery date in over a month. I’m currently waiting for a FedEx two day package that was originally scheduled for delivery on 5/7, then 5/11, and, when I just checked, is now scheduled for 5/14.

If I had a choice, I would rather use USPS 100% of the time.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
We used to get pretty good delivery service from UPS and FedEx. Many times quicker than original delivery quote.

Now, orders are taking WEEKS to arrive. Not always sure if it's vendor delays, postal service, or combo's of both. It's getting to the point we may just go to Petsmart again and pick up our dog food/treats there again like we did a few years back.

Seeing major delivery delays from all sorts of online order products now. UPS, FedEx and yes old fashioned USPS.

USPS is suffering more than ever due to a major pull-back in junk mail advertising. That's a huge percentage of income for them.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
sorry i could not sum up entirely of fucked organization, in one sentence. Maybe this article will satisfy your bollocks.

there's information in this very thread that explains how these performance
issues are the results of legislative mandates that are implicitly designed to
sink the USPS

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
there's information in this very thread that explains how these performance
issues are the results of legislative mandates that are implicitly designed to
sink the USPS
Of course it will be ignored, we are a nation of propaganda addicted simpletons.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Long time ago, USPS was legislatively hobbled to allow for the rise of alternate carriers...the powers that be didn't want to break it up like Ma Bell, but wanted to give the upstarts a bit of breathing room to grow and thrive.

For better or for worse, these regulations are part of the reason why the USPS has been losing $$$ for a while.

Rise of the internet bill paying, well, there goes more income.

So, let post office raise rates to profit making level (and by-pass govt approval requirements), cut out the corporate welfare for the other companies, and see where that takes us in 10 yrs.

Or not. Law of unintended consequences could make for a nasty mess with this plan.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
kekoa's dad Tony, my classmate from Ewa Beach Elementary School and a great SC goofy foot, was a couple years ago, one of the oldest active employees at Honolulu's terminal annex. Good guy and a great family. We all grew up together on the beach fronting SC as beach rats. The dad worked hard so his kids could surf for a living. We just did it for fun and comraderie.

Also allot of those internet bill payments like checkfree etc, end up as check and lists at your local USPS to go to a bank lockbox somewhere. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Tony Bacalso

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
9:45pm and my UPS packages didn’t show up again. They’ve been listed as “out for delivery” since Thursday.

• Sad
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why is the USPS not running efficiently? Government intervention with their pension system

Why are UPS and FedEx not running efficiently right now? Government intervention in closing storefronts and terrifying people into not going to stores

Despite the rise of eCommerce, this Wuhan virus is proving that our supply chains are not there yet to support a totally non-storefront/brick and mortar paradigm

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
UPS is still dropping the ball.

I finally got the packages in the original post after 5 days of being “out for delivery”. Now I have an additional package that’s been “out for delivery” since Tuesday. At one point earlier this week UPS sent me the link to track the delivery on a live map. I looked at the link and lo and behold the truck was two houses down from mine. I walked outside thinking today will be the day and the Brown Truck was two houses down just like the live map said! The driver returned to the truck and started driving my way only to keep driving on by. WTF!?!?! Now I’m still waiting.

Meanwhole USPS hasn’t missed a beat.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Still waiting for a package that's been "out for delivery" for 6 days now. The package origin is Ontario, Ca about 45min away. And it's been in the hands of UPS for a full week now.

Despite being considered an essential service, UPS has no live customer support due to covid19.

And the USPS is the problem?

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I had a US mail package never arrive. It went through Compton during the “mostly peaceful protest” a couple weeks ago.

Cant really blame them for that.

Reactions: Ifallalot