Footage of coffin on a JS

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
^That's pretty much every good short-boarder at most locals nowadays. I'm surprised they thought that was post-worthy.

Oh, the Monster emblazoned wettie. The scarlet letter that your surfing career's trajectory is not going where you'd hoped.

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
^That's pretty much every good short-boarder at most locals nowadays. I'm surprised they thought that was post-worthy.

Oh, the Monster emblazoned wettie. The scarlet letter that your surfing career's trajectory is not going where you'd hoped.
Don’t know where you surf but at the breaks around San Diego I rarely see people surf like that except at certain breaks. Guys boosting at all let alone doing a cutback at NCSD breaks is rare

no when I lived on the Gold Coast 85% of the groms or more were blasting huge airs at snapper or dbah

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Don’t know where you surf but at the breaks around San Diego I rarely see people surf like that except at certain breaks. Guys boosting at all let alone doing a cutback at NCSD breaks is rare

no when I lived on the Gold Coast 85% of the groms or more were blasting huge airs at snapper or dbah
When I say good, I generally (although not exclusively) mean someone with a sponsor(s) and on waves that offer the opportunity. The South Bay where I live and predominately surf doesn't have the same concentration of people boosting airs as let's say Lowers or Seaside (or even north Newport), but the good kids (relative to my almost 49 years) at my local spot can do frontside tail high rotes on command, most notably Parker Browning (one of Greg's sons). Yeah, you're not going to see huge rotations going down at Beacons on most days, nor would I at PV Cove in my area, but at the beach-breaks there usually a few kids boosting. I still try every once in a while, but my make ratio is dwindling with each decade that's passed since I was in my 20's.

Parker Browning at the proof of concept size Palm Springs Surf Club
http://instagr.am/p/CB9JoLspaOU/

Last edited:
Reactions: urchined

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Yeah, all the main breaks in South SD County have teen to 20 something rippers doing these. There’s at least an attempt on the end section of any wave they catch. I’ve been pretty blown away by how good the groms are nowadays and the progression from even 10 years ago. Makes me feel old.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Yeah, man. Parker can’t surf for sh!t. Probably because he still rides those crappy CIs. What an idiot.

He should be smart like his brother and bail on all the people who supported you and helped to get you where you are since you were a child.

Reactions: chilly1

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yeah, man. Parker can’t surf for sh!t. Probably because he still rides those crappy CIs. What an idiot.

He should be smart like his brother and bail on all the people who supported you and helped to get you where you are since you were a child.
Actually Parker is one of my favorite surfers to watch. He always looks like he's having a blast and surfs fast and spontaneous. I was commenting that his air CI posted is nothing special nowadays. The backside air he does in the Conner's Day In the Life expose on Stab yesterday is a banger.

I stand by my Monster statement. They're obviously paying him more than Roark Revival, but I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to have a marquee sponsor's (or Volcom's, his previous sponsor) wetsuit on with some low key logos than Monster's. The majority of the pros are over using the energy drink products that sponsor them, but the money is too hard to walk away from. A good friend of mine has filmed a number of them for surfing and lifestyle pieces and they're apologetic when they ask for a shot of them drinking their sponsor's beverage per their contracts. Monster, Rockstar, Red Bull, it's all garbage and the majority of surfers know it but they have bills to pay.

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Actually Parker is one of my favorite surfers to watch. He always looks like he's having a blast and surfs fast and spontaneous. I was commenting that his air CI posted is nothing special nowadays. The backside air he does in the Conner's Day In the Life expose on Stab yesterday is a banger.

I stand by my Monster statement. They're obviously paying him more than Roark Revival, but I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to have a marquee sponsor's (or Volcom's, his previous sponsor) wetsuit on with some low key logos than Monster's. The majority of the pros are over using the energy drink products that sponsor them, but the money is too hard to walk away from. A good friend of mine has filmed a number of them for surfing and lifestyle pieces and they apologetic when they ask for a shot of them drinking their sponsor's beverage per their contracts. Monster, Rockstar, Red Bull, it's all garbage and the majority of surfers know it but they have bills to pay.
A friend of mine is sponsored by monster. He drinks the “tour water” (it’s just water).

He doesn’t drink the energy drink at all and will tell that to anyone who asks.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I've always wondered about that. A couple of guys I used to ride BMX with when I was younger are really big time with some sort of energy drink sponsor that they have in seemingly every post they make, but they're all serious health freaks and I can't imagine a bubblegum xtra bull **** rockstar fitting neatly into their diet. I wonder how many energy drink sponsored athletes actually consume that sh!t.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
always cracks me up when a moto/supercross winner has their bottle of monster after winning a heat. Yeah sure you drink that stuff lol.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I've always wondered about that. A couple of guys I used to ride BMX with when I was younger are really big time with some sort of energy drink sponsor that they have in seemingly every post they make, but they're all serious health freaks and I can't imagine a bubblegum xtra bull **** rockstar fitting neatly into their diet. I wonder how many energy drink sponsored athletes actually consume that sh!t.
Just water. My buddy gave me a bunch awhile back and I’d pound them on the beach and act all crazy. His pregnant wife was drinking one while walking the dog and she was berated by some Karen who didn’t know it was just water.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
PS: been in the water with Parker a few times. I’ve never seen someone catch so many waves and yet he’s never actually a “wave hog”.

We were a spot that is accessible only by boat and this kid was getting wave after wave non-stop but somehow I still got every wave I wanted (and so did everyone else).

The dude rips too.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
PS: been in the water with Parker a few times. I’ve never seen someone catch so many waves and yet he’s never actually a “wave hog”.

We were a spot that is accessible only by boat and this kid was getting wave after wave non-stop but somehow I still got every wave I wanted (and so did everyone else).

The dude rips too.
He was out at Dredge when I was out there fairly recently and yes, he rips. A friend of his kept teasing him and calling him "Bobby" because of his Monster-logo'd suit, but seemed to be taking the ribs in stride.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Just for the record, Greg Browning still rips.
I see his son Parker out way more than Greg nowadays, but yes he still surfs very well. He was the first South Bay surfer I saw do a 360 air in person. It must have been 1996 or so. The very first one I saw someone do was Jason Collins at Zippers down in San Jose del Cabo probably in 1993. My good friend Matt Calvani made Greg's boards for the short period of time he was riding for Becker.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Is Zippers a good wave?

The most footage I've seen of anyone surfing it is Pottz, he made it look easy but damn it looks like a hard one

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Just came out. Connor said its one of the biggest sponsorship changes he's ever made in his life. :oops:
I doubt it means $$$, just an acknowledgement that he's been on CI forever.