Footage of coffin on a JS

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I don't disagree, but the point I was trying to make was that while many of the ghost shapers for JS and CI are top shapers in their own right, none of them are neither JS or AM, and that's what matters. So JS is his new shaper now, some would say top of the line too.
I have so many friends that have been team CI. They always freaked out when AM shaped their board, probably gave them a bit of physcological mental edge, as compared to one of the other ghost shapers shapes.
It's just a contract after all, probably doesn't last more than a couple years. So maybe it is a bit about $$ too?
I'm a bit skeptical about some sort of equity in a board building company, though, that's just stupidness!
With CI in his backyard, he'll be back guaranteed, especially after he's off the CT!
I’ve had boards shaped by Al.

Davey Smith (not with CI anymore) and Mike Walter make better boards IMHO.

Al’s collabs with Kelly were magic as long as you kept the boards small.

Reactions: Havoc and JBerry

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think style wise, Griffin Colopinto is closer to Parko than Conner.

Conner reminds me of a haole Sunny Garcia.
Good call. Griffin's got great style. Near the top for me. Plus he's got an air game.

Haole Sunny Garcia might be a little harsh. I think Conner has a more relaxed approach. Maybe I'm misremembering, I should go watch some old footage, but I feel like Sunny had a bit more of a stiff, brutish approach.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Good call. Griffin's got great style. Near the top for me. Plus he's got an air game.

Haole Sunny Garcia might be a little harsh. I think Conner has a more relaxed approach. Maybe I'm misremembering, I should go watch some old footage, but I feel like Sunny had a bit more of a stiff, brutish approach.
I feel like Sunny and Conner both have a little bit of that stink bug style. With Conner it's less prevalent, but subtly there. Like their center of gravity is a bit lower...... in their glutes and hamstrings.

But you're right that Conner is more relaxed (smoother in transition) than Sunny. Sunny's surfing was definitely a demonstration of brute force and imposing one's will on a wave.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Haha, that kid is gonna shattered careers.

Reminds me of Medina in France as a grom, but 10x better.
It seems possible. Are we taking it as a given that he is a competitive beast thought? He might have the talent but does he have that hunger? With his profile and sponsors he could easily take the freesurfer path and probably live a pretty comfortable life without having to grind the contest circuit.

I kinda think his dad was an underachiever as far as contest surfing was concerned, given the amount of talent he had. Not that the Jackson is destined for the same but I don't get the impression that his dad is much of a Charlie if you know what I mean.

• Haha
Reactions: chilly1 and ANIMA

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
It seems possible. Are we taking it as a given that he is a competitive beast thought? He might have the talent but does he have that hunger? With his profile and sponsors he could easily take the freesurfer path and probably live a pretty comfortable life without having to grind the contest circuit.

I kinda think his dad was an underachiever as far as contest surfing was concerned, given the amount of talent he had. Not that the Jackson is destined for the same but I don't get the impression that his dad is much of a Charlie if you know what I mean.
\
I have heard horror stories about Papa Dorian already

Reactions: Aruka

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i would think theyd have just copied his merrick on the scanner and worked from there

Reactions: Havoc