Fook me- major back spasm

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My back pain became chronic. I have a very simple morning routing of stretches, push-ups, “super mans”, and squats that have helped greatly. I know ops pain is new and sudden, but also consider your bed. A new, firm mattress has also done wonders.

My most recent issues I narrowed down to new shoes.

When I get sudden unexplained pain like this, I ask myself what have I changed recently
New shoes can fuck your lower leg muscles and ankle. Gotta rub it out.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Sounds like you never stretch and are locked up.

Sit behind a desk?

Going to chiro wont help unless you loosen up. Tight muscles will just pull you out of alignment quick.
I saw a chiropractor once about 12 years ago, he didn't adjust me, just showed me how to loosen my problem area
I never went back

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The book sucks for one reason. It wastes a lot of time and effort on mindless exercises into the past which may or may not be relevant, giving the reader an opportunity to remain in pain with just another crutch to blame it on. There's some good points and positive messages that are drowned in bullshit. It's unnecessaary or would have made a better second book.

Understanding what pain is can be said on a page. Doing the mental and physical work that is necessary is the hard part and frankly takes time and effort.....because we've been taught we need to pay someone else for it or buy silly books or devices to do it for us time is wasted and pain becomes constant.

Send Havoc a PM

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
The book sucks for one reason. It wastes a lot of time and effort on mindless exercises into the past which may or may not be relevant, giving the reader an opportunity to remain in pain with just another crutch to blame it on. There's some good points and positive messages that are drowned in bullshit. It's unnecessaary or would have made a better second book.

Understanding what pain is can be said on a page. Doing the mental and physical work that is necessary is the hard part and frankly takes time and effort.....because we've been taught we need to pay someone else for it or buy silly books or devices to do it for us time is wasted and pain becomes constant.

Send Havoc a PM
Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body. Now suck it up and give me 20 squats on my count....

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Coathanger, do you ever consider that maybe someone other than yourself might know just a touch more than you, and maybe you could chill just a little, and step on a few less toes?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I just laid out a treatment plan 4 U.
Shoes are not my issue. I've run 6 marathons in sandals, plus all the training involved. Never had a problem. I do not have a sit down, desk job. I teach. I'm on my feet all day. Only change in routine was having a cold/flu for a week, lots of coughing and then surfing three days in a row. The coughing might be a factor. After the spasm, when I would cough it would feel like getting stabbed in the back.

K know I'm going to miss some surf because back is still very tender even with all the meds. I want to get on to some preventative routine. ASAP.....

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
my back used to act up every now and then. all my pt people said it is more likely the SI joint - either way - weak core is general consensus. would always happen on the take off. then took about week to go back to normalish..months would pass and then it would happen again.

started doing some lifting - deadlifts, rows, pullups, squats etc. a 3-4 times a week for about 40 minutes and then lots of mobolity and ab stuff max in addition to my daily cardio. Has worked wonders. No more back issues and Im way more confident in my abilities and attempting longer sessions. I dont do alot of weight at all just enough to make it a little hard.