Food Sensitivity Test?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Howdy!
I'm gettin' older,
60 is comin' up, + i've been havin' more+more prob's figurin' out what it is that i eat that causes me problems:
vomiting, even while usin' otc med's...

An older bro i some~times play pool with
has suggested that i should cut out my real chipz+salsa when i get Mexican food, prob's get rid of french fries too, fried food, etc.
But i kinda wanna know more...

I saw this advertisement recently
as i watched ABC7 local news here in L.A:
Learn How Your Body Responds to 96 Different Foods
This at-home test measures your body’s immune response to 96 foods
to help provide guidance on what foods may be the best to choose for an elimination diet.
Anyone tried something like this before,
testing to help you figure out what food workz for you, what food does not?
Thankx for any replies, randy
:)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I got sick at Ponto

I had diarrhea for nearly a month and a half after the explosiveness and unpredictability subsided.

GI doctor made me do a low FODMAP diet. A diet for people with IBS (I don't have IBS, all my shits were just diarrhea) It's bad for your gut health long term so it's a short term thing, It was awful. But the diarrhea stopped. Then you resume eating normal foods by basically introducing them one at a time.

You're having problems with nausea and vomiting after eating? You're over 50? You need to see a GI doctor or at least a doctor for a workup ASAP. If you need a special diet they will let you know.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
From what I understand, most do not give accurate results. The rest like the one you linked will probably show sensitivities to what you normally eat, because that is what you have floating around in your system.

Mediator Release Test is supposed to be the gold standard, but they are expensive ($300+).

Aside from what’s suggested above, going to a whole foods based diet is a good start. Cut out the snack foods, added sugars and oils. See how you feel, and tweak it from there.

Reactions: ~rwright~

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Don't test one food at a time. If you have trouble with multiple foods your symptoms won't go away upon testing one of them. Common culprits are sugar, dairy, grassy grains, legumes (beans and peas), and nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes and peppers). I know, all your favorites, right?

If you're serious about this then eliminate all of the above foods at once for a couple of weeks. Did you stabilize? Then add back. each group in three day increments. If adding a food gives you trouble then that group is a problem for you. Drop it off again, and re-stabilize for a few days. Then continue adding foods down the list in three day increments.

It's called an elimination challenge diet.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's smart to make sure there is no cancer.

I had a herniated disk and the gel had bonded to my intestines and that was causing jaundice symptoms. I just suffered with it for years.

Most of the time it's stress of modern living + old age.

Cold training and fasting is where I would start to mitigate those factors.

I jumped in a pool yesterday morning. It was 43 degrees outside and 52 in the water.

It was awful!

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
My dog was having allergy problems: itching, hair loss. Was suggested to get him tested for food allergies. Sent in the swab of spit and a clump of fur and $100.
They sent back a chart that looked like an astrology chart grouping types of food: proteins, grains, dairy...
It said he was mostly allergic to chicken and dairy and grains.
Cut out all of that and the symptoms went away. He does eat those things occasionally without symptoms now.

I also had my blood typed, out of curiosity and that included a chart of what to eat for your blood type. Nothing surprising since it listed what I preferably consume.

Who knows, but it beats cold training.:alien:

Reactions: gbg and ~rwright~

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Cold training is one of those things that fixes everything.

Throw that dog in the pool.

I don't remember dogs (or people) being so sensitive.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My dog was having allergy problems: itching, hair loss. Was suggested to get him tested for food allergies. Sent in the swab of spit and a clump of fur and $100.
They sent back a chart that looked like an astrology chart grouping types of food: proteins, grains, dairy...
It said he was mostly allergic to chicken and dairy and grains.
Cut out all of that and the symptoms went away. He does eat those things occasionally without symptoms now.

I also had my blood typed, out of curiosity and that included a chart of what to eat for your blood type. Nothing surprising since it listed what I preferably consume.

Who knows, but it beats cold training.:alien:
When I stick to the eat for my blood type program I feel amazing. I guess I love foods i shouldn't have more than feeling 100%.