foiling podcasts

surfdad

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
South Bay
Visit site
This stuff is just too much fun. I can’t get enough foiling in. I get tired haha. Podcasts are awesome. Learning a bunch but also some stuff is too advanced for me. I’m just not there yet. I finally am set up with a great set up of gear and board. Wtf does it feel like starting over when you switch a board or foil set up? Probably operator error haha

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I've switched from Naish to Lift to Axis. On Axis I have a High Aspect 900 and a surf wing 760. Same board for all. They all require different mast positions. Once you get the mast position dialed the rest is simple.

Agreed, some stuff I just tune out. What in the world is a forward pitching moment? That's my current query. I don't exactly care enough to look it up though.

Interesting tidbit from this one is Nick saying winglet's are so 2013. haha. He says if you want winglets, just increase the aspect ratio of the wing 1 inch and you do the same thing. I would prefer a narrower wingspan though. Probably why the Lol Takuma rolls rail to rail so well and still pumps well. It's secretly a higher aspect wing.

Reactions: surfdad

surfdad

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
South Bay
Visit site
I’ve been having a ton of fun with the new gear and hitting San O a ton. I can’t get enough of that dog patch to nukes area. I did hear from a friend about a shark sighting where it followed him as he paddled in. Yikes.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Since it might save you a bit of driving, the new current hotness for the foil's around us is Seal Beach Jetty. Stomp as you walk out to scare off stingrays, Foil upriver as far as your leg's will take you. Should be guys out there tomorrow AM for sure.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Low Pitching Moment: you're riding down a hill fast on a 10speed bike and hit a small rock and the the bike bumps and the back wheel comes up just a little bit and you go...whoa! ...that was scary i coulda gotten hurt right there...

High Pitching Moment: same scenario except its aBigRock and you go OverTheHandleBars...WAAAAAAAAH! :drowning: :drowning: :drowning: