Foil Session Logs

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
hd1p that was pretty kikass!...could you have done that on you other lyft foil?.

AXIS seems like a good choice
The lift 200 classic. No. Never could’ve made that run on a surf wing.

on the lift ha 170? Probably but I’ve never ridden it.

Love the stiff Axis mast. The 2 pound weight difference is negligible. However, I do miss a full carbon setup with no recessed pockets to save weight. When I take the Axis apart there's all these drips of water coming out from everywhere. Minor annoyance, but annoying all the same. Solid carbon masts and wings have no water hiding on them when you put them in the car.

I also don't love the torx wrench that came with the setup. Buying a different one would probably solve that issue, but screwing the fuse onto the mast is annoying as the screw is super long and slightly difficult to twist in due to tef gel. The two screws on my lift setup for fuse to mast were half the size and went in with the lightest of spinning since no tefgel needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghostshaper

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
More 760 wing reviews bigmtn.

Dribblers today but I tried to follow cam a guy. Not sure how it came out yet. He had a soloshot on the beach so he'll have 2 angles. I was wearing a soloshot tracker too. I doubt it'll be worth posting though. I didn't do anything interesting today.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019
Summertime on North Shore... My buddy and I are doing a downwind/pump camp. Everyday is about trying to ride little wind swell and link up spots. Mostly starting at Kammies, and trying to connect to pupukea or farther... Though I seem to get to rocky point and can't find a bump for the life of me.... When it gets windier and bigger wind swell we'll start at Backyards, with the goal being a Turtle Bay to Keiki run.... So I've only been using my 900 and my newly acquired 1000. (The 1000 is like a slower Cadillac version of 900 with extra lift)

I brought the 760 with me to Kahana the other week for some hurricane swell, but when I got there it was still super small, so only rode the 900. Should have gone back out on the 760 later when it picked up, but needed to get back home and get the house ready in case the hurricane decided to show up...

If we get a good south swell, and I head down that way, I'll bring the 760 with me and let you know how it goes.

Reactions: grendel95 and Hdip

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Those downwinders looks fun. (I have only seen them on Nathan Florence's youtube channel) I want to do them here. If I win that Real surf contest for a full armstrong setup, I'm picking a downwind setup. :)

Reactions: grendel95

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
the wizard is turning that lift HA wing pretty nicely in that first clip! that looks like the funnest foil spot on earth!

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Waves were real slow today. I felt like I was fighting the foil for some reason. Maybe I didn't have it far enough back. I did like the pump over the backwash and then slow motion turn while I was talking to the SUP guy though. I guess my lift 200 would've been a bit more snappy on that turn. But the 900 turns pretty well. More of a carve than a snap. Not a bad thing.

The second one is my first attempt at lining up an air section. I keep telling myself to try it, but it's really scary so I've never tried before. I figured going this slow what could go wrong. :)

Mar 22, 2020
Two differences. I only go left. I am prone so I can slip off my board a lot easier than a sup I stand on rocks most of the time. 3.8 is about my limit.
Yes it is skechy there, when I foiled there I endend up everytime with a couple scratchs on my foil... On a Gofoil or Axisit is ok those wings are super durable but I would be worried on a Lift, MFC or Signature.

sozzle

Michael Peterson status
Feb 23, 2009
I’ll be the first to admit that my pumping game is super weak but it flies if you get it right, it definitely has that solid feeling if you get the exit speed, I’m gonna have to concentrate on working out the right technique for this wing, it’s definitely different to my old one, I almost looped a bunch of doubles at the weekend but kept losing my legs at the last minute.

Reactions: grendel95