Floriduhs finest

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Stop whining. Here's the quote in context

"It is 100% guaranteed that if they had been given some space they would have carjacked at least one more vehicle, selected for being more nimble and less conspicuous than the UPS truck, and that when cornered they weren't going to give up."

The reason it's 100% guaranteed is because they had already demonstrated their intent by doing it.

Stop sniveling

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Florida has a version of the Felony Murder Rule. A fact which I know you weren't aware of but which may possibly end up being of effect on the outcome of this investigation.

Bear in mind, this happened in Florida, not San Francisco. In Florida they ended up going after the Deputy at the Stoneman/Douglas High School shooting for exercising too much caution and restraint and not engaging the shooter on the ASAP basis.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
To not give them the opportunity to take more hostages.

I don't know whether or not the carjackers took a shot after they stopped, but if they did then that presents a direct threat to the civilians nearby which cannot be allowed to continue.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
To not give them the opportunity to take more hostages.

I don't know whether or not the carjackers took a shot after they stopped, but if they did then that presents a direct threat to the civilians nearby which cannot be allowed to continue.
So kill the hostage in order to avoid more hypothetical hostages being taken?

That's the official police protocol?

Fascinating insider facts.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Stop whining. Here's the quote in context

"It is 100% guaranteed that if they had been given some space they would have carjacked at least one more vehicle, selected for being more nimble and less conspicuous than the UPS truck, and that when cornered they weren't going to give up."

The reason it's 100% guaranteed is because they had already demonstrated their intent by doing it.

Stop sniveling
what lottery numbers should I pick today, GDaddy?

1575916460669.png

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If they could have they would have.

I don't know why everyone can't just sit back and wait for more information to come out. What's the rush? I don't know all the facts so I don't know how it's going to play out. But I do know there were other considerations in play that several of you weren't aware of and hadn't considered prior to coming to a conclusion.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
If they could have they would have.

I don't know why everyone can't just sit back and wait for more information to come out. What's the rush? I don't know all the facts so I don't know how it's going to play out. But I do know there were other considerations in play that several of you weren't aware of and hadn't considered prior to coming to a conclusion.
There's no rush. Nobody knows "all" the facts but we know a lot of facts.

We're discussing the facts that are obvious to anyone who actually watched the video.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
So kill the hostage in order to avoid more hypothetical hostages being taken?

That's the official police protocol?

Fascinating insider facts.

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

AGAIN, How do you know that the cops killed the hostage, idiot?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Actually, under Florida law it may be determined that the suspects are responsible for his death. After all, we are talking about a "stand your ground" state here; not a hug-a-thug state. Or, it may end up going the other way. Too soon to tell.

One other very distinct possibility is that the fallout from this event may prompt changes in the FL laws or changes in the jursidiction's policies WRT what the cops are and aren't allowed to do.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
The suspects are responsible for the deaths and actions by the police .

Still I think :) if they did not pursue and corner them something less could have happened .

Observe from a distance and wait for a better time to apprehend them .

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Actually, under Florida law it may be determined that the suspects are responsible for his death. After all, we are talking about a "stand your ground" state here; not a hug-a-thug state.
So when you see a thug holding a hostage you shoot them both and that's thug's fault?

Cool.

1575924005733.png