Floriduhs finest

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I thought the 30-50 cruisers chasing them was just a bit much.
I once saw a car thief get away from a partial perimeter - with dogs - and the helicopter. Two agencies involved plus the OC Sheriff Dept helicopter. At one point they were hovering in front of him trying to get him to give up and he just kept running until they ran out of open space and had to increase altitude. We never did catch that guy.

That event never made it into the news, as is the case with most pursuits, fights and even some of the shootings. Real life isn't like what people see on TV.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I once saw a car thief get away from a partial perimeter - with dogs - and the helicopter. Two agencies involved plus the OC Sheriff Dept helicopter. At one point they were hovering in front of him trying to get him to give up and he just kept running until they ran out of open space and had to increase altitude. We never did catch that guy.

That event never made it into the news, as is the case with most pursuits, fights and even some of the shootings. Real life isn't like what people see on TV.
I thought the 30-50 cruisers chasing them was just a bit much.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
My comment was in response to the uninformed comment that you can rely on the helo every time. It's just like the stupidity we had going here about thinking tasers or pepper spray are almost always effective which is anything but true.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
My comment was in response to the uninformed comment that you can rely on the helo every time. It's just like the stupidity we had going here about thinking tasers or pepper spray are almost always effective which is anything but true.
let's consider cost/benefit...