FloriDUH......

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I dunno word on the street is the Hutus weren't too keen on the Tutsis rather recently.
Hindu Indians don't seem the keenest on some zones in the NW with Muslim minorities.
Gaza and the West Bank sound teh sux.

I kind of like the way the USA (and the UK and Canada and Ausfailia) are handling it more than many other examples.

Partially it's the cell phone footage in the face of assertions. Look at Rodney King. They had the pics which equals it happened. Same with Ahmaud Arbery. George Floyd. "But it doesn't even say you're a second-class citizen on paper anymore, how could you possibly think institutional racism still exists?"

There's a concerted effort to hand-wave this sh!t away, as if the law enforcement of an entire county in Georgia wasn't fine with it until the video leaked and there was national outrage.
We need to add at least 12 new verses to Sympathy for the Devil

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Need more Florida negative publicity to discourage people from moving there.

California, Nevada, Arizona are excellent alternatives
California is not an alternative. Everyone should leave California and move to Florida along with all the retiring Yankee boomers.

You are either insane or way, way, way, way, way too into fishing/football/swamping if you surf and don't want to leave Florida and move to California.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
California is not an alternative. Everyone should leave California and move to Florida along with all the retiring Yankee boomers.

You are either insane or way, way, way, way, way too into fishing/football/swamping if you surf and don't want to leave Florida and move to California.
I pretty much gave up chasing waves, and actually prefer if it came to me and it was just in my backyard. I was fortunate enough to live in Atlantic Beach and Satellite Beach, and surfed whenever possible. Some days it would be just a 45 minute session, and on the best days, it was 3 sessions a day. I think what Florida lacks in quality and consistency, it makes up for in accessibility (except areas south of Brevard).

I had been content with that kind of life setup and was saving up for a place beachside but this real estate boom after COVID derailed those plans

Last edited:
Reactions: twinzerfan

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Desantis made the turn to full fascist locking up political opponents kids for sharing tweets criticizing the police, Where my rightwing Constitution hawks at?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
More on that most Floridian of news stories, the road rage firefight started when someone threw a water bottle at a car.

This one from the redneck end of the state, started here in The Duval and proceeded North into Nassau County.

Both dudes had daughters in the car. Apparently some dude caught up to the other dude, the other dude's wife threw up the middle finger. A water bottle was thrown out of the dude who pulled up's car. The target of the water bottling pulled .45 and hit a five year old daughter in the leg in the other vehicle, then peaced out.

The water bottle throwing car with the leg'd 5 year old then hauled ass and pulled steel and fired into the other car. This got a 14 year old daughter in the lung, collapsed like a condo.

At first both dudes were charged, but the guy who was attacked by the water bottle and gimped the 5 year old girl in the leg wound up not charged. Guy who pursued after his daughter got capped caught 2nd degree.

Surf was fun-ish yesterday. Looked pretty meager south of the cape this morning and torn up North of the cape this afternoon.

Orginal story from October.

Update on charging.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I shared the Florida man google game with coworkers. Let them pick the dates. You can’t make the stuff up even you tried. Then tried it with other states chosen at random. Didn’t work.

Florida really is special, just not in the type of special you want :toilet:

Reactions: twinzerfan