Florence Marine Sale

Jul 4, 2006
New England
Their sale prices are pretty solid, I just got two t-shirts, a sweatshirt, and a long sleeve shirt for $50. Did I have to buy a membership that gave me $20 credit on my next purchase? Sure. Has easily paid for itself and if they keep having massive sales every 6 months then even better. They also do some type of cash-back credit as well that can build up with future purchases. Glad to have the company as an option and in the mix.

Reactions: retodd

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Also, does the membership have to be joined with a full price item?

How has this not been asked yet?
which one of yall is willing to share your membership status to the lowly non members....
Seems like you could boost your "rewards balance"

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
You give them your email address you get a 10% off code. You give them a phone #. (google #) they give you a 15% off code. You order a membership, 3 pairs of trunks and 2 t-shirts on sale. Use the 15% off code for giving them a google # you don't use. You only paid 5 bucks for a membership. You still get $20 in credit for a future purchase.

Reactions: Aruka

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
You give them your email address you get a 10% off code. You give them a phone #. (google #) they give you a 15% off code. You order a membership, 3 pairs of trunks and 2 t-shirts on sale. Use the 15% off code for giving them a google # you don't use. You only paid 5 bucks for a membership. You still get $20 in credit for a future purchase.

Good point.
I thought you had to purchase a full price item.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Florence Marine goes under or JJF retires from competitive surfing due to his fragile knees.
Which happens first?
The retiring announcement will be just before the start of the new season. You see the waves he was scoring during the lowers event :jamon:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Unless the clothes make me look homeless in a stylish and expensive way or involves a collab between JJFMX x one of the famous, stylish and expensive houses of fashion, I’m not interested and neither is generation TikTok even if it’s on sale.
As a millennial you’d think he’d know that by now.

Last edited:

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
I think eBay should sponsor me. I get most of my boardshorts and clothes off there. Sometimes used, sometimes new.

And I refuse to wear baggies that don't come down to kneecaps. I'm not talking 90's style below the kneecaps but I am not a fan of exposing my thighs to UV. Hence why I shop ebay, can find some nice ones that aren't daizy dukes.

But JJF is the man and good on him for blazing his own path. He should pair up with Parlay for Oceans and focus on recycled threads.

Reactions: Chocki

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Unless the clothes make me look homeless in a stylish and expensive way or involves a collab between JJFMX x one of the famous, stylish and expensive houses of fashion, I’m not interested and neither is generation TikTok even if it’s on sale.
As a millennial you’d think he’d know that by now.
The massive discounts combined with the sheer number of various clothing items and color choices on their website indicates... they have a warehouse full of crap no one wants.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I loved the billabong wide wale cord shorts

And then they stopped making them.

I had a pair of Nikes that I loved and the stopped making those too.

Nothing lasts . . .

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
The massive discounts combined with the sheer number of various clothing items and color choices on their website indicates... they have a warehouse full of crap no one wants.
I dont understand the motivation behind him and Smelly Skater starting clothing companies, vanity projects???

If I was there financial panther/advisor I’d tell them you’ve got the beau coup dolares already bro now your job is not to lose it.
And if you have to start a company don’t do it with your own money. You stay with Hurley and you get you checks for doing nothing bro.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I dont understand the motivation behind him and Smelly Skater starting clothing companies, vanity projects???

If I was there financial panther/advisor I’d tell them you’ve got the beau coup dolares already bro now your job is not to lose it.
And if you have to start a company don’t do it with your own money.
Motivation? Same as always. Create another revenue stream. It's a smart play. They know the easy surfing money won't last forever. And when starting a company like this, there is always the possibility of a buyout.

Guys like JJF and Slade have agents and instant access to big money for investing, or at least for pitching ideas too. I doubt he's using much of his own.

Florence Marine X out of Delaware like every other startup

Director is Kandui

Reactions: Aruka

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Motivation? Same as always. Create another revenue stream. It's a smart play. They know the easy surfing money won't last forever. And when starting a company like this, there is always the possibility of a buyout.

Guys like JJF and Slade have agents and instant access to big money for investing, or at least for pitching ideas too. I doubt he's using much of his own.

Florence Marine X out of Delaware like every other startup

Director is Kandui
I was wondering if he was smart enough to not sever ties completely with Hurley/Bob.

I also wonder if Laird doesn’t wish he started a clothing company instead sometimes?

Last edited:
Reactions: r32