silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Good deal on boardshorts

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
not a bad price on a hooded rashguard - $70 is more reasonable than i expected, tbh. except i want a hood that makes me look like Gandalf, not Batman - somewhat oversized and and a little floppy.

Reactions: Aruka

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
just the one time 20 bucks it appears. still a decent deal if that's what you're looking for. I'm not a member and have no interest but just sharing cause a buddy picked up a pair and told me about it.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Wait, you actually pay for membership so you can get on an email mailing list to buy over-priced surf gear?

Is that it?

Are there people actually dumb enough out there to do that?

Reactions: JSC

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Wait, you actually pay for membership so you can get on an email mailing list to buy over-priced surf gear?

Is that it?

Are there people actually dumb enough out there to do that?
BUT IT'S JOHN JOHN!

Membership also gives you access to "John's dispatches from Fiji":

"In July, John John, his wife Lauryn, man-behind-the-lens Erik Knutson and sailor Gio Morelli set off from Oahu aboard his Gunboat 48, Vela. Ahead of them was 3000 miles of sailing through unpredictable waters and an epic adventure years in the making.

John took the time to sit down and catch you all up to speed on where they’ve been, where they’re going, and what they hope to find along the way."

Did you read that? He took the time out of his super-busy schedule to get you caught up on what he's been doing.

Because he knows you've been wondering.

Last edited:

Redeyes

OTF status
Jan 16, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
BUT IT'S JOHN JOHN!

Membership also gives you access to "John's dispatches from Fiji":

"In July, John John, his wife Lauryn, man-behind-the-lens Erik Knutson and sailor Gio Morelli set off from Oahu aboard his Gunboat 48, Vela. Ahead of them was 3000 miles of sailing through unpredictable waters and an epic adventure years in the making.
John John’s wife is the only female on board? :shrug:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Honestly, I’d rather some surfers get rich than the private equity firms that own the likes of Quik-Bong, DaKine, etc. RipCurl is owned by a big camping goods supplier, I believe.
I appreciate that they seem to make some effort to sustainability too, beyond just marketing. but who knows. That stuff is hard to know the real truth.
The non-custom wetsuit prices are insane tho. LOL

also, the $20 “fee” says it’s a future store credit, so it looks like they just get an advance on your $20, and ensure that you come back to make a 2nd purchase. Of course, they also get your email, which they can sell on to marketers. All in all, pretty crafty on their part.

That reminds me, I signed up for American Airlines in-flight wifi for a month cause a I took a few flights in August. Wife realized that they auto-renewed me for Sept. Ugh. They got me. Still have to call and cancel too. Diabolical. Anyone remember Columbia House mail order cassette tapes??

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Honestly, I’d rather some surfers get rich than the private equity firms that own the likes of Quik-Bong, DaKine, etc. RipCurl is owned by a big camping goods supplier, I believe.
I appreciate that they seem to make some effort to sustainability too, beyond just marketing. but who knows. That stuff is hard to know the real truth.
The non-custom wetsuit prices are insane tho. LOL

All owned by surfers until they weren't...