First We Surf, Then We Eat - Cookbook

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I’ve had this cookbook for awhile but have never cooked anything out of it until tonight.

I have a bunch of cookbooks but this one is Rad! There’s alot going on in this book that sets It apart from every other cook book I own.

First it covers the globe. More importantly the globe that we all know and have travelled to. Then there is epic travel pictures and anedotes that are our history and that we can relate to. Pioneers talking real talk.

I can’t recommend this cookbook enough. Five Stars.

I did steamed Cod with my now all time favorite Sweet Chili Sauce from the book. I did strain the sauce a‘la French style.

Did I mention they list cocktails too.

Tonight I served it with leftover white rice and brown rice and my favorite zucchini recipe. It’s from Julia Child. French goes so good with asian.

Epic dinner. Surf Tomorrow.

94CFA1B7-7F21-4865-B1B0-E13901195099.jpeg

57E61D08-FCD9-49E9-B6C3-691DBC50F258.jpeg

Reactions: Tarab_ish

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I’ve had this cookbook for awhile but have never cooked anything out of it until tonight.

I have a bunch of cookbooks but this one is Rad! There’s alot going on in this book that sets It apart from every other cook book I own.

First it covers the globe. More importantly the globe that we all know and have travelled to. Then there is epic travel pictures and anedotes that are our history and that we can relate to. Pioneers talking real talk.

I can’t recommend this cookbook enough. Five Stars.

I did steamed Cod with my now all time favorite Sweet Chili Sauce from the book. I did strain the sauce a‘la French style.

Did I mention they list cocktails too.

Tonight I served it with leftover white rice and brown rice and my favorite zucchini recipe. It’s from Julia Child. French goes so good with asian.

Epic dinner. Surf Tomorrow.

View attachment 122565

View attachment 122566
1256F145-D7E3-4203-91FA-768B6E011F15.jpeg
CA876156-A292-4049-A82C-A0E1D38EB870.jpeg

Reactions: Tarab_ish

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
I hung out with Jim at Surfy Surfy, he was selling his book and I was selling my hand painted t shirts that TFAD used to let me sell during the local art weekends in leucadia for extra cash to supplement my surfboard habit. . Jim had classic stories about hanging with The Clash in London back in the day. It’s a cool book.

Reactions: SlicedFeet

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
If you need recipes to cook, is it really "cooking" though?

Just fed my 87 yo moms Salmon a las finas hierbas, homemade mashed potatoes (potatoes, parsley, from the garden), pisto manchego (also homemade from garden veggies) and some hummus.

She (face lick emoji)'d the plate.

Yesterday made her Marmitako de Atun.

:shameonyou:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
First We Surf, Then We Eat Surfers
Ha! My friend Billy has been going to Tavarua for years. On one visit, Eddy was cleaning fish and my friend says "that llooks pretty tasty". Without missing a beat, Eddy says with a laugh (not gay code), "yes, and so do you".
People from certain remote places are not too far removed from when that type of protein was served for dinner.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Like i told my wife when we went to Fiji/tavarua maybe THESE folks grandparents weren’t eating their enemies, but THEIR grandparents certainly were

Reactions: npsp