First they came for the undocumented.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Now Trump is going to solve the homeless problem with detainment camps. Who’s next?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
The second time I've agreed with tRump. Reagan fvcked up by closing the mental hospitals and dumping the patients on the streets.

A civilized society doesn't let the crazies s#it on the street, and then sleep in it.

Reactions: Havoc

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I do think the homeless problem is bad enough that it should warrant a federal response. Just not so sure I have much faith in him presiding over a constructive, effective and humane response.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
it's just another episode of The Apprentice

twice a week Trumpy comes out with a new episode. Last week's guest star was the Taliban. This week it's Bolton.

tRump doesnt govern. tRump thinks like a reality t.v. host. He's only interested in getting better ratings than The Bachelor

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Trump thinks he can round up the homeless, make them go away and then claim that he cleaned up California and saved us all from liberalism. But at what cost?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The second time I've agreed with tRump. Reagan fvcked up by closing the mental hospitals and dumping the patients on the streets.

A civilized society doesn't let the crazies s#it on the street, and then sleep in it.
Still blaming Reagan 35 years later?

Most of today’s homeless weren’t even alive when Reagan was in office.

BTW, insane asylums back then where people were involuntarily held were for the most part atrocious. Reagan’s action wasn’t the best idea but the situation at that time needed to end.

But again, it’s almost 40 years since that happened. Nobody has done anything about since except say it’s Reagan's fault. That’s like your dad installing a toilet that constantly clogs, installed before you were born and he’s now long dead, you inherited the house and when your kids complain about the toilet you just say, “your grandpa did it!” and you never fix the toilet.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
BTW, insane asylums back then where people were involuntarily held were for the most part atrocious.
Take a look at the tortured souls in the vicinity of Imperial Ave, Morena Blvd/SD River area and tell me the situation on the street isn't atrocious, inhumane.

Getting batshit crazy people off the streets is removing them from dangerous, inhumane conditions.

When you are screaming at the sky or running in and out of traffic and you have no address, no family, etc there is a public safety responsibility to remove you from the street to protect you from self and others.

As far as the homeless by choice a 3 strikes you're out vagrancy policy needs to be implemented with constant rousting of homeless camps. Make them miserable. If you're not employed you go to a labor camp making license plates or something then graduate to work release etc. Junkies/others go to rehab.

Obviously not concrete solutions but it's going to require creativity and good lawyers.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Still blaming Reagan 35 years later?

Most of today’s homeless weren’t even alive when Reagan was in office.

BTW, insane asylums back then where people were involuntarily held were for the most part atrocious. Reagan’s action wasn’t the best idea but the situation at that time needed to end.

But again, it’s almost 40 years since that happened. Nobody has done anything about since except say it’s Reagan's fault. That’s like your dad installing a toilet that constantly clogs, installed before you were born and he’s now long dead, you inherited the house and when your kids complain about the toilet you just say, “your grandpa did it!” and you never fix the toilet.
That's a simplistic over reach of my comment. Reagan fvcked up, and that is his legacy. I do hold him responsible for his act.

That doesn't keep me from also blaming every numbskull who hands out a dollar at a freeway overpass, the Sackler family and Mexican drug cartels, politicians who crave the liberal vote, and the human spirit that allows oneself to ignore the rat that's eating ones toes while at the same time thinking, "work is hard and bosses are assholes"

Can I add to that everyone who buys cheap Chinese s#it on Amazon, full well knowing that low wages paid by the richest man in the world is unconscionable.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Take a look at the tortured souls in the vicinity of Imperial Ave, Morena Blvd/SD River area and tell me the situation on the street isn't atrocious, inhumane.

Getting batshit crazy people off the streets is removing them from dangerous, inhumane conditions.

When you are screaming at the sky or running in and out of traffic and you have no address, no family, etc there is a public safety responsibility to remove you from the street to protect you from self and others.

As far as the homeless by choice a 3 strikes you're out vagrancy policy needs to be implemented with constant rousting of homeless camps. Make them miserable. If you're not employed you go to a labor camp making license plates or something then graduate to work release etc. Junkies/others go to rehab.

Obviously not concrete solutions but it's going to require creativity and good lawyers.

Lots of convenient generalizations in this post. Not all of our homeless are batshit crazy and screaming at the sky or “homeless by choice”. What about the rest of them? What’s stopping them from ending up in “labor camps”?

Also keep in mind that most of our homeless are citizens. Forcefully detaining them without due process is unconstitutional.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Lots of convenient generalizations in this post. Not all of our homeless are batshit crazy and screaming at the sky or “homeless by choice”. What about the rest of them? What’s stopping them from ending up in “labor camps”?

Also keep in mind that most of our homeless are citizens. Forcefully detaining them without due process is unconstitutional.
Trump has shown time and time again he has no regard for rule of law, with an obedient senate and rubber stamp supreme court why should he?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

What are the convenient generalizations?

Vast majority of homeless in the USA are either drugs/ETOH abusers and/or mentally ill. Then you have the homeless by choice. Then a small "down on their luck" percentage who can be directed to the appropriate resources that get them off the streets.

No one is advocating "forcefully detaining" the sane. See the part where I said three strikes you're out. Judicial system/due process.

And there is nothing illegal about detaining someone who is a danger to self and the public.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
We’ve seen the conditions in the detainment camps for the undocumented migrants. We know it’s a for profit business run by contractors. What’s to think these camps will be any better? Do you expect them to have the proper psychiatric, medical staff to treat these people? What about drug counseling? Are you solving homelessness just by moving the homeless out of site? Isn’t that effectively shoving our mess into the closet? Detainment/labor/concentration camps aren’t a solution.

Maybe trump should open his hotels up for the homeles?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We’ve seen the conditions in the detainment camps for the undocumented migrants. We know it’s a for profit business run by contractors. What’s to think these camps will be any better?
Uh... have you seen the conditions for the homeless on the streets?

Fleas, feces, filth. Complete lack of sanitation. Diseases that will kill you running rampant.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Uh... have you seen the conditions for the homeless on the streets?

Fleas, feces, filth. Complete lack of sanitation. Diseases that will kill you running rampant.
Apparently Black Plague is making a comeback, and it’s coming from
Homeless encampments. Winning.

Then you have measles increasing by 300% because of anti vax lunacy.

Why do neolibs love easily preventable diseases so much?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"The moral, humane thing to do is to give them the resources they need to stay on the streets."

There are actually people that think this way.

They usually live in places with very little homeless.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
First they came for the undocumented.

AGAIN These people are not merely "undocumented" (in some stupid way). They are foreigners who entered our country without permission. They are here illegally.

Now Trump is going to solve the homeless problem with detainment camps. Who’s next?
Employers are begging for new employees. These are the people crapping on your sidewalk, fcking in your doorway, puking on your driveway, and stealing your sht. Instead of demanding that they become self-sustaining you are demanding that I continue suffering for their crimes and filth.

In any society, at any time, 1% of the population is schizophrenic. They are unemployable ....totally incapable of sustaining themselves. Your solution is to toss them out like garbage, let them pee on your lawn, and sleep in your garden. Come up with a better solution, and I'll listen. Otherwise STFU.