First they came for the undocumented.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kento said:
It's worth noting that no one was really concerned when they started out with gypsies.
"gypsies"
--
Nice.

Can someone help me find the report button?
--

They're basically the equivalent of today's thieving, diseased homeless. And that's how the slippery slope starts. Go after the group that EVERYONE hates and then branch out.

And yeah, you would report people to the erBB SS. ;)

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
we really bear the brunt of homelessness here in california, relative to other states.

the climate here is far too accommodating....which is to say nothing of the liberal
(accommodating) political disposition of large swaths of the population.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
They're basically the equivalent of today's thieving, diseased homeless. And that's how the slippery slope starts. Go after the group that EVERYONE hates and then branch out.
That's a little bit apples to oranges.

That's a racial thing designed to exterminate a race from the planet. Plain and simple.

On the other hand we already go after a group everyone hates (criminals) and incarcerate them as they are a danger to the community and make people's lives miserable.

Homelessness is a multilevel issue and needs to be dealt with as such.

How many fires in CA started in a homeless camp last year?

And yeah, you would report people to the erBB SS. ;)
I have them in my pocket.

- Nameless, out!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
we really bear the brunt of homelessness here in california, relative to other states.

the climate here is far too accommodating....which is to say nothing of the liberal
It's a problem pretty much everywhere with a reasonably agreeable climate.

Yeah the politics is part of it to some degree.

Even sweltering shitholes like Miami and Houston are carrying loads of homeless though.

Someone told me Denver of all places was getting pretty bad too (?) Fcking too cold.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Umm, are we now blaming homeless, impoverished people for being homeless and impoverished? Even the children?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

What’s it like for you, pobrecito, bearing that brunt?

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's a little bit apples to oranges.

That's a racial thing designed to exterminate a race from the planet. Plain and simple.

On the other hand we already go after a group everyone hates (criminals) and incarcerate them as they are a danger to the community and make people's lives miserable.

Homelessness is a multilevel issue and needs to be dealt with as such.

How many fires in CA started in a homeless camp last year?

I have them in my pocket.

- Nameless, out!
True, the homeless generally aren't as bad. Heard stories from relatives in Germany how they would have to lock all doors and windows as the gypsies rolled down the street because they'd be rattling doorknobs, peering through windows, trying to break in. Apparently Barcelona has real bad theft problem too.

I dunno - I have a pretty large chip on my shoulder towards thieves.

Industrial areas in LA have gotten really bad with campers. Had a full-blown RV fire at one of my sites in Lakewood. Not as bad as brush fire but could have gone very bad - luckily most buildings are tilt-up concrete structures and don't burn too easily.

Set up sanctuaries and services for them in Imperial Valley, like at Slab City. Keep them contained and together.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What’s it like for you, pobrecito, bearing that brunt?

I'll bite.

Can't bring kids around certain areas cause of weirdos doing indecent sh!t in public places. If they have to use the bathroom and you're in a public park good luck.
Places I knew as a kid are now filled with garbage, drunks in the bushes and guys taking a ****/sh!t in plain view.
Theft
Aggressive panhandlers and scavengers
Campfires started by the homeless that destroy thousand of homes ( I had one just down the hill from my house two months ago that they got under control quickly - thank god it wasn't windy.)
etc.etc.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace and Kento

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The evil of unbridled capitalism is what it is? The evil of callous no-solutionism is what it is?
This is mostly not an economic issue, at the end of the day it is mostly a legal issue.

So

Society not taking care of it's throwaways (the mentally ill) due to legal prohibitions... drug addiction ...some people down on their luck... some people who refuse to seek out better job opportunities elsewhere + homeless "advocates" who advocate for street life and think no one should lay a finger on the guy in rags with sores all over his legs playing chicken in traffic and screaming.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There were five homeless people camped out on the beach by the bathroom out front this morning.

That is an increase. Usually there might be one guy.

The others will see it as a gathering point.

The problem now is the street life is seen as viable.

It's freedom. baby!

Autopraxism can be bad as well as good.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The other day I'm listening to a show on the radio.

Host says, "The first thing people think when they see a homeless person is they want to help them."

I'm thinking "You obviously don't live in an area where you encounter homeless people."

Reactions: Kento and Ifallalot

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I played chess at the downtown library for a long time.

I stopped going.

Had homeless initiate a physical altercation twice, once in a bathroom and once on the patio. Saw outbursts regularly. Harrassment of passerby, verbal/physical intimidation and harassment of patrons, etc.

They do not pay those security guards enough.

PB library a homeless guy got in my face and started yelling at me due to the fact I had slipped my feet out of my flip flops and placed them on top of my flips flops.

etc.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Talked with a homeless guy panhandling outside a grocery store recently. He said that his wife was very sick and that her hospital care had exhausted all of their funds. He was living in his car with their dog. US healthcare system took them down

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Talked with a homeless guy panhandling outside a grocery store recently. He said that his wife was very sick and that her hospital care had exhausted all of their funds. He was living in his car with their dog. US healthcare system took them down
Forgot to include, she had died. He had been employed for years. They had owned a house. Now down to the curb. It is arrogant and prideful to presume that that couldn’t be you someday