First surf in OR!

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
After months of learning at Grad school + fam + life, I am going to get to the coast this weekend. I have a 3-4 day window and I am hoping it is good! Getting my suit, booties, and maybe gloves this week, and it's on!

I've been looking at the reports, looks like it may be big and windy. :shrug: Since I haven't seen the coast, I'm going to cruise no matter the surf. Bonus if I get in the water. So stocked!! :wave2:

What_it_Do_Baybeeee

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 28, 2010
CA
HarryLopez said:
After months of learning at Grad school + fam + life, I am going to get to the coast this weekend. I have a 3-4 day window and I am hoping it is good! Getting my suit, booties, and maybe gloves this week, and it's on!

I've been looking at the reports, looks like it may be big and windy. :shrug: Since I haven't seen the coast, I'm going to cruise no matter the surf. Bonus if I get in the water. So stocked!! :wave2:
I hear Seaside Oregon is a nice place to start. Locals are super friendly and will hoot you into waves.

byoda

OTF status
Jan 3, 2006
looks like a nogo for the coast this weekend
if youre not adverse to driving theres a possibility
of some good surf on the north side of the the state
above you PM me if interested

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Have a friend that works in Beaverton. Said he surfs a couple times a month and loves it. He's originally from Hawaii, but after a year or so he said he got ok with the water. He thinks the water is warmer than SF/Santa Cruz. Tons of surf and he said he often sees and surfs with Gerry Lopez.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
:bowdown: for all the replies!

1. The chances of me 'Kaser'ing is nil. Good or bad, there will be no photos of the surf in OR.

2. Growing up, I learned/had pounded into me to be respectful and keep my mouth shut about surfing. Somehow, it is always flat, windy, crowded, sharky, or junky whenever I surf, and I can never remember where I surfed. :shrug:

3. Regardless of size, I will be looking for surf. Of course, only having a 6'6" will limit me :roflmao: Along with the wetsuit, having not surfed for a while... :foreheadslap: Hope the wind is okay!

4. So stocked to finally see the coast. I'm jumping in the water somewhere. And, having a beer or two after!

5. And, after that, going to spend the winter holidays in Bend with the in-laws.

Happy Holidays :wave2:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Racer1 said:
Have a friend that works in Beaverton. Said he surfs a couple times a month and loves it. He's originally from Hawaii, but after a year or so he said he got ok with the water. He thinks the water is warmer than SF/Santa Cruz. Tons of surf and he said he often sees and surfs with Gerry Lopez.
The buoys that directly measure such things tend to disagree with his assessment.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto said:
Racer1 said:
The buoys that directly measure such things tend to disagree with his assessment.
His assessment also might be influenced by the insane amount of weed he smokes before surfing.