First Flush. Filthy.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I'll longboard a small day at a point or reef during or after a rain but a shortboard and duckdiving anywhere a creek, nope.
Learned to surf at Ventura harbor and have had too many sinus, lung and other infections/illnesses in the 90s to surf it when the river explodes and diarrhea is pouring out for all to enjoy. ER visits sure aren't as cheap as they used to be, either.

Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My hospital bill including 4 days in hospital, lumbar puncture to test for bacterial or viral meningitis, CT scan for brain swelling was $25K. this was 2001. Double that today. Luckily I have primo health insurance and only paid $100.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
My last was a 5 day stay was around that (not sure out of pocket was, maybe a few $k), inside a negative pressure room, 2 doors to get in. The room was the size of an upgraded hotel room with couches and stuff. County health made me get quarantined for TB testing and I didn't even have it.
Lucky I had insurance. The one before that I didn't and an ER visit for a surfing wound: CT, x-ray, propofol, stitches, staples etc cost me over $16k out of pocket (with negotiating). Maxing my credit card and a small bank loan to spread out payments saved me from going to collections and good credit going bye-bye.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Did any of you get the flu shot? After reading lots about it and that you 100% can't get the flu from the flu sho(and other good reasons) I'm all in. I felt like those anti vac people that I clown. $0 for the shot. I have the flu it twice in my life and it's the crappiest, death plague sickness ever, for days.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Did any of you get the flu shot? After reading lots about it and that you 100% can't get the flu from the flu sho(and other good reasons) I'm all in. I felt like those anti vac people that I clown. $0 for the shot. I have the flu it twice in my life and it's the crappiest, death plague sickness ever, for days.
Every year.

Reactions: _____

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Every year.
Every year because I've seen first hand what H1NI can do. Life as you know it over.

Some years I don't get the flu. Some I do. 3 years ago I got it twice. Flu shot did not help. I got it in Germany one of those times and it was gnarly. I was burning up.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
These photographers are so hungry for attention fuck. It’s gonna be a zoo today. Not sure if it’s worth it - not gonna be that good this morning.

Reactions: CutnSnip and tacos

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
These photographers are so hungry for attention fook. It’s gonna be a zoo today. Not sure if it’s worth it - not gonna be that good this morning.
just got out - was ok - water didnt seem to dirty. if there were sandbars it would of been epic but it's still pretty walled out in south bay.

waiting for the tide to drop and gonna get another session in.

Reactions: rts265

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I sat it out, wasn't feeling it. looks like swell all through Tuesday, hopefully sand and tide will be good.

Reactions: CutnSnip

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Holy fuck I’m not a fan of these guys anymore. Not like it’s a secret spot but it’s already crowded enough

Reactions: tacos

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
Saw the documentary on Vice last night on the Tijuana river / IB and the whole runoff issue.
Holy $hit.
That's next level.

I lived in Sunset Beach (CA) for a few years and the flotsam on the beach behind my house after big storms was staggering.
Cool story, bro.

Reactions: gbg