Firewire Machado Glazer LFT 5'8" with fins MINT condition

Oct 2, 2021
Hey folks,

I'm selling my 5'8" Glazer LFT that is in mint condition (no dings, scratches, nada), because it's just not for me. I only rode it a handful of times. It has a brand new FCS pad and a set of the FCS II Machado thruster Keel fins (see pics) that are supposed to pair up with this board. I paid $840 for the board plus $120 for the fins plus tax (so over 1k). This board looks like it's off the rack - seriously. Asking $800 firm for board and fins. Cash only. Buyer picks up. I live in San Diego between Talmadge and SDSU.

Attachments

Oct 2, 2021
It's a 3 fin with Machado thruster keels, so I would :) That said, definitely sizes out on the smaller/wider side. It's a really popular board right now, but I have two shortboards that I like better for me (quad fish, 3-fin bonzer). So, I will sell this to buy another midlength too to fill out the quiver...

Jan 15, 2015
What's your height and weight? Does the 5' 8" seem properly matched or would you have gone for more or less volume?

Oct 2, 2021
I'm 5'6, 140lbs, 45 yo, and fairly fit. If I were 25 and a shortboarder than I'd be sized at 5'3-5'5 (or less even) for the Glazer. I like foam, glide, longer rail lines and getting in early. Rode a LB for past 6 yrs while livin' on TX beach so readjusting to shortboards. The LFTs do float more than poly at same dimensions as far as I've observed, which is great for TX, because the waves are gutless at all sizes. I rode a 6'2 creeper (40L) as a daily, so I tried to drop to 30L with the Glazer (5'5). Just wasn't catching as many waves as I normally do, so I swapped it for the 5'8. For me, I feel like that size is to wide on the tail for my size and way less float needed in CA vs. TX (stating the obvious). I like longer boards that are narrower, thinner, with more pulled in rails. No expert on anything other than my own preferences through a recent binge in experimenting with a lot of boards/lengths, shapes/fin setups. This wasn't for me, and I have at least 5 boards I would like to trade it for...it's a problem.