FIn Advice - please

May 20, 2020
So my son is being gifted a board (used) for Christmas (not from me) - its 6'2 x 20 3/4 x 2 3/4 eps all rounder with a rounded pin. It has the five fin option for FCS. We don't have any FCS fins. He's about 185lbs right now but still growing. Can anyone recommend one or two good sets of FCS fins that he can use from waist high to headhigh as a thruster and quad?

Many thanks. As always, I appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice

Last edited:

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
If possible get a pic of the fin layout like this , will help make a choice .
Also, mushy peaks , dumpy walls , or mix of everything?

IMG_8434.jpg

Reactions: ReForest

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
So my son is being gifted a board (used) for Christmas (not from me) - its 6'2 x 20 3/4 x 2 3/4 eps all rounder with a rounded pin. It has the five fin option for FCS. We don't have any FCS fins. He's about 185lbs right now but still growing. Can anyone recommend one or two good sets of FCS fins that he can use from waist high to headhigh as a thruster and quad?

Many thanks. As always, I appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice
sounds like the board is going to suck. ill give you a hundred.

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
agreed, always the best place to start.
He’s one of the few team guys to prefer IFT, which is on both his signature and Performer template fins. I’m not consistent enough in my higher performance level to have a solid preference for IFT vs. Flat, vs. Flat/Bev. For whatever reason MF Larges are my go to and I’ll put a KA medium center in my NB2 if I’m feeling like I have extra spring in my step and want to try keeping up with the younger rippers. I don’t really feel a performance benefit with smaller trailers in my Fever, but that’s most likely because that board doesn’t come out unless it’s more than two feet overhead.

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
sounds like the board is going to suck. ill give you a hundred.
20 W might be time as we say out West for a Showdown , pick the place , let’s go , I will have Rickyoray beside me , oh and we have a connection amigo my ex wife from San Sebastian was at the 94 Bad religion concert there when the floor dropped , so I feel its time