Filipe to retire?

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
Toledo should just simply say, "I don't surf those type of conditions." EVERYONE on the tour, (and probably here) has their own limits. How focked would it be to be in a wheelchair, because people told you to do something and you thought better, but did it anyway.

Miki Dora famously said, "By choice, I'm a four foot and under man." But in France 1968 he was dawn patrolling 2X overhead Guethary, before the leash. Big Sunset and Waimea too.

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
Toledo should just simply say, "I don't surf those type of conditions." EVERYONE on the tour, (and probably here) has their own limits. How focked would it be to be in a wheelchair, because people told you to do something and you thought better, but did it anyway.

Miki Dora famously said, "By choice, I'm a four foot and under man." But in France 1968 he was dawn patrolling 2X overhead Guethary, before the leash. Big Sunset and Waimea too.
hes the world fuckin champ on the world fuckin tour if he dont surf those waves he dont belong on tour.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
You think he’s faking depression and taking a year away from work because he was afraid to surf not huge pipeline? After surfing (albeit poorly) the spot for years?

Seems llikely.
No, what suggest that I implied that?
It was however the last card that he had to play - with Teahupo'o coming up twice, what else was he going to do.

The fact that I called his card out, made me sound like an asshole, he wins.

Reactions: Havoc