Fiji Trip Brah

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
Headed to Fiji next Aug as a family trip but wanted to hit up cloudbreak or restaurants.

The resort where I’ll be staying is on the southwest side of the island.

any hiccups on getting out to thr breaks? do I have to hop over to Tav first and then charter a boat from there?

what’s the conditions like in Aug?

for your troubles

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
Headed to Fiji next Aug as a family trip but wanted to hit up cloudbreak or restaurants.

The resort where I’ll be staying is on the southwest side of the island.

any hiccups on getting out to thr breaks? do I have to hop over to Tav first and then charter a boat from there?

what’s the conditions like in Aug?

for your troubles

you can get boats from the mainland. you are at the mercy of the wind.

Reactions: WindowLicker

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
You’re going to fly all that way and not stay on Tavarua Or Namatu?

Just to give you a heads up, Fiji mainland is not cheap and mainland surf is not all that accessible. You’re going to be very dissapointed.

Stay on the island for a few days, then hit the mainland for a few. Kids dig Tavarua.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So Fiji is open, right? I thought I read they didn’t plan on opening to tourists until 2022? Oh is that when this trip is planned?

anyway, stay on the island if you can afford it (it’s actually not as expensive as you’d think for the level of luxury service food and of course the 6 world class surf spots surrounding the islands. Apparently there are cheap hostels near the boat docks on the mainland, and of course some expensive resorts too. Marriott is a an option but if you’re going to pay to stay there and pay 1-200 per day for a boat guide, may as well stay at Tavarua. We used the Marriott simply To extend our stay a few nights more than the 7 you get at Tavarua

WindowLicker

Nep status
Aug 4, 2021
You’re going to fly all that way and not stay on Tavarua Or Namatu?

Just to give you a heads up, Fiji mainland is not cheap and mainland surf is not all that accessible. You’re going to be very dissapointed.

Stay on the island for a few days, then hit the mainland for a few. Kids dig Tavarua.
Money is not an issue

my pockets are swollen

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Catching a boat ride from the main island is an option, but your going to spend a lot of time in transit, so your time in the water is limited. Maybe worth it if the conditions are good and it's your only option for surf. Stay on Tavarua if you can.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We brought a bunch of brand new shirts from LB Surf. They were stocked on kava night

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You’re not going.
100% correct

can you imagine being banned from a site a dozen times, making a commentary blog about the site you got banned from, and then going back to that site to try to flex on the users by claiming some third rate surf trip?

ahahahahah

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: grapedrink