fight starter...do wetsuits stretch out over time?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I'm in need of a new wetsuit. My Oneill Pscyho II is not as warm as it used to be. Time to do some research. So many wetsuit companies out there now.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm in need of a new wetsuit. My Oneill Pscyho II is not as warm as it used to be. Time to do some research. So many wetsuit companies out there now.
About a month ago it got noticeably colder. Bought a Psycho Tech 4/3 but I think I need boots too at this point. Had to order from Cleanline in Oregon because the shops here keep getting their shipments delayed.

Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
About a month ago it got noticeably colder. Bought a Psycho Tech 4/3 but I think I need boots too at this point. Had to order from Cleanline in Oregon because the shops here keep getting their shipments delayed.
I've always had Oneill for last 20 years. Before that, I tried billabong, rip curl, Victory (anyone remember those purple ones?) and Aleeda. But Oneill has been the best fitting and longest lasting for me. So comfy. But recently I've been debating trying a different brand like Buell or someone else just to see what's out there.

And same for me. 4/3, with hoodie, and booties if I'm at a spot where I have to do a reef dance.

Reactions: grapedrink

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I bought a ripcurl 4/3 ebomb at the beginning of the winter and it was great. First 4/3 I ever used and didn't realize how warm they could be. Since about a month ago it's not so great anymore. Water seems flow into it right away, but the seams look okay. Just a little stretched-out I guess.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
ive noticed the shoulders get thinner on front zips, mines startin to look like a rashguard
and i dont even use hangers

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
My friends keep saying this about new suits, my old ass quicksilver leaking at seams but the rubber just gets a bit stiffer.
Whatever new school stuff they are using is too soft.
Yes im using my wetsuti forever because it isnt cold here but you shouldnt go through a suit in a texas winter...
gimme that old school rip curl it will be leather by the time Im done w it