Fight Club

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Released 10/15/99. More relevant than ever imo (special snowflake, anti consumerism, etc.).

Last edited:

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fvcking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
That movie is vastly overrated by all the meathead brotards that think it is so edgy and cool.
Ha ha, I was just thinking about how similar Mr Robot is to Fight Club. You know watching the world through his point of view but not always knowing which "his" your viewing.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
There's a lot I like about the film but there are some major holes in the story that simply didn't add up at the time...

The entire following of Tyler Durden started when Norton (The Narrator) was beating himself up in the parking lot of a bar. At the time I asked myself who would follow a leader they just watched beating himself up in a parking lot. But now I look at the following that Donald J Trump has amassed and maybe it doesn't really seem that far fetched?

Reactions: Chocki

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
That was on regular rotation at some point have probably seen it over 100 times. I remember seeing it in the theater and realizing how much I missed during the 2nd watch.
Anyone see JOKER? I freaking loved that one, and his performance was as great as anyone else I've ever seen. Am going to see it again in the theater for sure. Watching the previews, there look like some good ones coming down the pipeline.
Is there an ----~\***OFFICIAL***/~---- film thread to keep track of the newer and off the radar stuff, which ones are good vs sucky?