Feral wetsuits

Aug 6, 2008
Just got a new feral Was tough to get on right out of the box. Will is loosen/stretch out a bit after a few surfs? It fits but if loosens a bit it will be perfect

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
There is no such thing as a wetsuit you want to loosen/stretch.

A wetsuit that does the above is putting too much stress on the seams and weakening the neoprene bubbles.

Your wetsuit will wear faster and you'll be colder quicker.

Reactions: sdsrfr

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I got one and it was super-tight out-of-the-box. Their size charts suck. I sent mine back.

Jul 4, 2006
New England
Just got a new feral Was tough to get on right out of the box. Will is loosen/stretch out a bit after a few surfs? It fits but if loosens a bit it will be perfect
This is right from their website (FAQ)....

"Q - I just tried on my new FERAL wetsuit and it feels too tight.
A - Keep in mind that Yamamoto suits will take a couple surf sessions to stretch out a bit. Your new wetsuit actually should start out a bit tight. We suggest trying on your wetsuit a few times and moving around in it a bit—this should begin the stretching out process and give you a better idea of how the suit will fit after surfing in it. Many customers have told us their new FERAL wetsuit felt tight at first, but after surfing in it a few times the fit was perfect."

Mine fit pretty well right out of the bag, but it has loosened up a bit from a mobility standpoint. Focus on fit vs. flex; if it fits good (adequate across the shoulders/chest, proper length arms/legs) then I wouldn't worry about flexibility, the suit is fine from a flex standpoint. If it isn't fitting right or you're uncomfortably tight in the suit then maybe the size is off. I've got the 6/5/4 and have had 3 hour sessions this winter with no concern regarding flexibility in the suit. After 2 months of winter use (probably 15-20 surfs) the seams are all looking solid. No complaints on my end.