FDA just lost a historic ivermectin lawsuit

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
During covid, I got a prescription for Ivermectin from my doctor. After waiting 20 minutes for it to be filled, the pharmacist informed me that they could not fill it.

That's messed up.
there's one smart person in this story

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
Generic, super cheap. Not a real money maker at all.

Covid shots on the other hand, paid for by taxpayers, mandated use, multiple rounds of “boosters” shielded completely from liability.

Cha-motherfucking-Ching.
so no one wanted to sell ivermectin ?
they were taking the eradicate river blindness route w/covid?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The lawsuit was settled, not ruled on by a court. The FDA settled because the issue was largely moot. Nothing in the settlement was an admission of guilt and the FDA’s position re Ivermectin and Covid has not changed.

The full impact of the settlement is that the FDA agreed to remove 3 year old social media posts.

Very little in Squidley’s linked article is accurate.

Derp.

As a side note, this is another 5th Circuit case. In almost every instance these days, SCOTUS is ruling opposite to the 5th Circuit, including on Texas immigration laws. Going forward, they’re also going to overrule the 5th on the abortion drug ban and the social media/first amendment matter.

And here we thought conservatives hated activists judges.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Covid shots on the other hand, paid for by taxpayers, mandated use, multiple rounds of “boosters” shielded completely from liability.

Cha-motherfucking-Ching.
therapeutics = vaccines?:shrug:

Why are gaylock down right wingers so bad at comparisons?

Reactions: Phi1

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Cha-motherfucking-Ching.
So who’s to say that the 2nd biggest pharmaceutical company who coincidentally never developed the vaccine conspired to make a viral campaign for a cheap abundant alternative treatment that they could market to the antivax crowd and get their slice of the pie? I’m just asking questions here.

and for the record a lot of people chose to pay a premium for ivermectin. I’ve been vaxxed multiple times and never once paid for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
So who’s to say that the 2nd biggest pharmaceutical company who coincidentally never developed the vaccine conspired to make a viral campaign for a cheap abundant alternative treatment that they could market to the antivax crowd and get their slice of the pie? I’m just asking questions here.

and for the record a lot of people chose to pay a premium for ivermectin. I’ve been vaxxed multiple times and never once paid for it.
It’s a generic drug. It’s not like Merk has a lock on it. Jeez.

Also, any treatment found to be effective against covid would negate the EUA that the shots enjoyed, thus putting them up for real trials.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

we're constructing a post-hoc conspiracy theory about vax producers blocking access to ivermectin to protect their vax profits while ignoring the fact that no one had to do that because ivermectin didn't fkn work

ivermectin was nothing more than a snipe hunt concocted by antivaxtards for antivaxtards

no conspiracy necessary

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

we're constructing a post-hoc conspiracy theory about vax producers blocking access to ivermectin to protect their vax profits while ignoring the fact that no one had to do that because ivermectin didn't fkn work

ivermectin was nothing more than a snipe hunt concocted by antivaxtards for antivaxtards

no conspiracy necessary
You seem to be ascribing to me views that I don’t have.

1. I’m not anti-vax. I have been vaccinated with all the normal sh!t everyone gets. My son has been as well. My son even got the Pfizer shots 1 and 2. His choice. I am anti-covid shot mandates.

2. My point on ivermectin is this. It was immediately demonized as “horse paste” and lied about as being “dangerous” to the point of ERs being overwhelmed with overdoses (an out and lie) even though the ivermectin used to treat covid was a pill made for humans and had been taken (for other reasons) safely for decades. Some doctors used it to treat covid and some of them said it showed promise. The immediate and vicious attacks on them were troublesome.

But, duh, horsepaste anti-vaxtard! Fucking idiot.