FCS2 = Garbage

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
brand new board with a fin box that has a Grub screw hole that was not drilled and tapped. fkn surf industry. two in a row. its either the fins or the fkd up boxes.

fcs is garbage. never again.

and the company is sold out on their gam pc fins. i was gonna run my old fcs ones but they forgot to drill the grub screw. another shat surf industry company.

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and rts265

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
A boutique shop did this to me with futures. The hole was drilled but too big. Board came with no grubs. I was too nice about it. Fuck.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Fcs is garbage in general. Look at them wrong and you have a box blow out. That’s why I switched to futures lmao

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Damn Havoc you better make a sacrifice to the fin gods.

Three weeks ago I ordered my new Tokoro, I talked with Wade about putting concave on the deck for my front foot. So he drew a picture on the order form with little curves where my foot goes. But I wanted single 4oz S-glass on the deck with added foot patches. So Wade drew a circle where my front foot goes. When the board got finish shaped Wade forgot and thought the circles with curves were just a note to glasser for a front foot patch. Wade handed me the finished board and I was Stoke.ed.it looked and felt so good. I remembered we talked about deck concave so I told Wade you forgot the concave on the deck. His eyes got big the oh yeah look. Then he goes put it on the ground I’ll put some concave in the deck right now. I told him never mind. I guess I’m not making the tour this summer. Haha.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Reason #137 as to why people have largely given up on “your local shaper.”

No, the shaper didn’t make the fin box. Still shaper is responsible for the product.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
brand new board with a fin box that has a Grub screw hole that was not drilled and tapped. fkn surf industry. two in a row. its either the fins or the fkd up boxes.

fcs is garbage. never again.

and the company is sold out on their gam pc fins. i was gonna run my old fcs ones but they forgot to drill the grub screw. another shat surf industry company.
Tapping that hole is no problem. You can buy a kit for a few dollars at Lowes.

I hate these fin companies. Futures more than FCS because futures is run...or was run by assholes.

Fin boxes are now just a Chinese made commodity with no quality control....other than the shaper.

FCS is a far superior box with better fin options.....like a keel fin that actually has a base. Adjustability, which does make a difference, and easier for the shaper to set fin cant specifically for the board.

FCS boxes, Griffin fins, no problems.

Reactions: afoaf and Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Tapping that hole is no problem. You can buy a kit for a few dollars at Lowes.

I hate these fin companies. Futures more than FCS because futures is run...or was run by assholes.

Fin boxes are now just a Chinese made commodity with no quality control....other than the shaper.

FCS is a far superior box with better fin options.....like a keel fin that actually has a base. Adjustability, which does make a difference, and easier for the shaper to set fin cant specifically for the board.

FCS boxes, Griffin fins, no problems.
What's the story on Futures?

Didn't that now deceased skateboarder/fin maker guy (who was described to me as a pretty damn brilliant) get shafted on that deal?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
FCS has better fin options

But I've found the quality of the fin itself lacking.

I have never had a problems with Futures. Many, many boxes over the past decade.