FCD Huevo Ranchero

tomminator123

OTF status
Dec 22, 2017
Has anyone here ridden a smaller sized Fletcher Chounard Huevo Ranchero? I'm looking at buying a 5'10" and I've only seen reviews for the Huevo Ranchero in bigger sizes, like 7-8ft

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
The smaller ones in my quiver get ridden the least, with the 5’10 being the worst of them actually. They don’t paddle nearly as well as the outline would suggest and the design just lends itself to be better as bigger boards. I’d stay away from getting them smaller than 6’4. There are better boards at that size that will do what you want better than a Huevo. BUT from 6’4-7’2, they are GREAT boards

Reactions: Havoc and sdsrfr
Mar 21, 2010
delmarva, md
The smaller ones in my quiver get ridden the least, with the 5’10 being the worst of them actually. They don’t paddle nearly as well as the outline would suggest and the design just lends itself to be better as bigger boards. I’d stay away from getting them smaller than 6’4. There are better boards at that size that will do what you want better than a Huevo. BUT from 6’4-7’2, they are GREAT boards
Good to know. So I picked up a 6’10” on c-list a couple weeks ago, so what fin set up do recommend? 2+1

Mar 25, 2009
I'll echo waxurDyl, I had a 5'9 or 5'10 (can't remember lol) and it really didn't go any better than my 5'9 hpsb, not for paddling nor for riding. I wouldn't get another one just because I already have another mid-length, but if I did then it'd be in the 6'6 range.