FBI Obtained FISA Warrant for Former Trump Adviser Carter Page

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
:cool:

Team Resistance is a riff on the various iterations on that theme I keep seeing on the Twitter/Facebook machine, citing Robert Reich, Chris Sacca, Rachel Maddow etc. collective wisdom du jour. And of course the Democrats in Congress have ways of resisting, they are just currently getting outplayed. They keep falling for the same script.

At this point I'd argue that each party has a reliable press cohort backing nearly every assertion that "they" make, so no, I'm not having trouble separating the two, they are effectively joined at the hip for the most part.

In general, I'm satisfied with the progress the Russia related investigations are making thus far. You are able to cite a FISA court warrant for instance. I'm guessing where this ends up is that several Trump advisors - who have already been fired (I think) - end up either charged or censured. Thus far, I'm not sure that Team Putin were puppeting over Team Trump. So far it seems like a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of deal. But, this guy has some interesting info/thoughts on that issue, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, on a courtroom floor : https://twitter.com/20committee

Q_Surf

Duke status
May 5, 2003
world's largest oregon
the janitor said:
...of course the Democrats in Congress have ways of resisting, they are just currently getting outplayed. They keep falling for the same script...
no, they actually don't.

outplayed by undemocratic gerrymandering, and their own base who wouldn't ever tolerate them playing the same unscrupulous tactics, yes.

what script?

calling trumps closest staff "advisors" eh? way to spice it up!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
the janitor said:
Q_Surf said:
the janitor said:
Q_Surf said:
the janitor said:
Q_Surf said:
this forum is silly. y'all focus on and type pages of back and forths over gaffs and youtube-outrage-du-joir, but when presented with democracy-shaking facts like this, crickets...
Weird times, with firehose levels of BS coming from both sides of the aisle and their press outlets it is difficult to keep up :(
do you honestly believe they are both at the same levels?
I don't know if they are both at the same levels...
:roflmao:
:blush: fair enough, the point I'm trying (poorly) to get across is that there is too much BS flowing to follow it all. For me, both sides have surpassed the critical mass of stupid. Yes, Team Trump are probably in the lead, maybe by a lot. But Team Resistance and much of the press are doing their best to catch up instead of saving their powder to have a bigger impact on fewer, but more important things.

For example, Team Resistance and much of the press are treating tweets from Herr Trump with the same weight as a press release. So Trump does something stupid like this:

And a month later that story is still competing for headlines with the various - and more serious - Russia stories

oh, and which cake Trump and the Chinese President were eating when they discussed the Syria bombing :foreheadslap:
This, x1000

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Q_Surf said:
the janitor said:
...of course the Democrats in Congress have ways of resisting, they are just currently getting outplayed. They keep falling for the same script...
no, they actually don't.

outplayed by undemocratic gerrymandering, and their own base who wouldn't ever tolerate them playing the same unscrupulous tactics, yes.

what script?

"and their own base who wouldn't ever tolerate them playing the same unscrupulous tactics"

:roflmao: :applause2:

You're a true believer.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Q_Surf said:
the janitor said:
no, they actually don't.

what script?

with regard to Trump the script is very close to the one the Clinton's have used to troll the republicans for a few decades now.

1. Team Trump (TT) does something stupid/criminal/unethical/yucky
2. Team Resistance (TR) immediately object and call for apology/investigation/castigation
3. TT doubles down and says "FU" and/or "I didn't say that"
4. TR goes into research mode to prove that TT did in fact do whatever happened in #1
5. TT says - "oh, we didn't mean for you to take that literally, we meant it this way"
6. TR says, no you didn't and then
7. TR goes into research mode to prove that whatever TT said in #5 is also crap
8. TT dissembles again, like in #5

By now a few weeks to a month have passed and there are several more iterations on the same theme happening concurrently. Some of those are important, some are inane and they are all competing with each other. We're only 3 months into this circus and the signal/noise ratio is already painful.

Undemocratic gerrymandering ... where? I'm thinking each party tries their best to do this when they are in power :shrug:

in an attempt at bipartisan bridge building, I will add that though I am registered republican, I didn't vote for Trump, think Mitch McConnell is douchetastique and hope to run into Grover Cleveland at Burning Man this year so that I can waterboard him while asking how he plans to starve the beast while maintaining a K Street lobbying firm :cussing:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
the janitor said:
Q_Surf said:
the janitor said:
no, they actually don't.

what script?

with regard to Trump the script is very close to the one the Clinton's have used to troll the republicans for a few decades now.

1. Team Trump (TT) does something stupid/criminal/unethical/yucky
2. Team Resistance (TR) immediately object and call for apology/investigation/castigation
3. TT doubles down and says "FU" and/or "I didn't say that"
4. TR goes into research mode to prove that TT did in fact do whatever happened in #1
5. TT says - "oh, we didn't mean for you to take that literally, we meant it this way"
6. TR says, no you didn't and then
7. TR goes into research mode to prove that whatever TT said in #5 is also crap
8. TT dissembles again, like in #5

By now a few weeks to a month have passed and there are several more iterations on the same theme happening concurrently. Some of those are important, some are inane and they are all competing with each other. We're only 3 months into this circus and the signal/noise ratio is already painful.

Undemocratic gerrymandering ... where? I'm thinking each party tries their best to do this when they are in power :shrug:

in an attempt at bipartisan bridge building, I will add that though I am registered republican, I didn't vote for Trump, think Mitch McConnell is douchetastique and hope to run into Grover Cleveland at Burning Man this year so that I can waterboard him while asking how he plans to starve the beast while maintaining a K Street lobbying firm :cussing:
there is no way you can equate what the cheeto and cheetoians are doing with the Bill and Hill show. The noise should be loud and clear because all of this is unprecedented. If it is painful that is the intent.
Gerrymandering, see resent Texas court ruling to find an excellent example. Keep going East if that is not enough.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The Russian thing is just Dems looking for an excuse for a humiliating loss

Guess what: you just actually suck that much that people voted for trump instead

By comparison, obama spying on trump is massive and not fake

When trump spies on his successor and tries to undermine his election, will you think that is cool?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
heelnipstr said:
there is no way you can equate what the cheeto and cheetoians are doing with the Bill and Hill show. The noise should be loud and clear because all of this is unprecedented.
LOL!

There is nothing unprecedented here. Only in conspiracy theories, fantasy, and speculation is there anything unprecedented.

And Bill and Hill are smooth operators - political veterans - the best of the best. No one will ever compare.

There's a reason Bill earned the nickname Slick Willy.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
And to answer the question about undemocratic gerrymandering, this is a piece of what Q_Surf is talking about:

Texas gerrymandering deemed unconstitutional: "A panel of federal judges ruled on Friday that three of Texas' congressional districts are illegal, violating the Constitution and the Voting Rights Act. The panel found that Republicans had used race as a motivating factor in redistricting."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/11/519839892/federal-court-rules-three-texas-congressional-districts-illegally-drawn

What_it_Do_Baybeeee

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 28, 2010
CA
sizzld1 said:
And to answer the question about undemocratic gerrymandering, this is a piece of what Q_Surf is talking about:

Texas gerrymandering deemed unconstitutional: "A panel of federal judges ruled on Friday that three of Texas' congressional districts are illegal, violating the Constitution and the Voting Rights Act. The panel found that Republicans had used race as a motivating factor in redistricting."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/11/519839892/federal-court-rules-three-texas-congressional-districts-illegally-drawn
Everything's bigger in Texas. Especially the gerrymandering! :roflmao:

[img:center]http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2017/03/11/texas-35-25810048abae74e2926130ee177bb5dfd1859e54-s900-c85.png[/img]

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Former Hillary Clinton financier Donald Trump sure does have a shitload of former employees friendly with the Russians.
Doesn't this make them all multi-cultural n sh!t?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I've been pushing this russian thing since october. :computer:
Bwaaaaaa HA HA Ha Ha Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Meanwhile Trump is threatening to fire the guy in charge of investigating him. Nothing to see here at all...

:ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D :ROFLMAO: :D

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Hey stupid, remember a couple of days ago when you accused the state of closing roads for Trumps shitshow? Turns out it was a large sinkhole, LOL

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Hey stupid, remember a couple of days ago when you accused the state of closing roads for Trumps shitshow? Turns out it was a large sinkhole, LOL