Favorite flat or low arch traction pads?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I used to love Xtrak they weren't as hard as other brands but were grippy and lasted forever.
My recent gorilla grip is too hard and I cant feel the board, and have no kneecaps after using it. It is definitely grippy though.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
The CI Conner Coffin and Phat Pad are both really nice. Same texture of traction on both.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I Awayco'd a couple of Haydenshapes (Untitled and Holy Grail) which both had Octopus 50/50 pads on them and they ate my knees. I'm not loyal to any brand and haven't had rash issues with any of my purchases over the last several years. I've had numerous pads from: Gorilla, FCS, Creatures, Channel Islands. The Octopus in comparison was gnarly. I demoed the boards last summer and I didn't want to have to put on a short arm full in 74 degree water, so I powered through each one day rental, but I was having to paddle with my legs spread so my knees were off the sides which felt (and I'm sure looked) super weird. I haven't had that happen since the Trac-Top days in the early 80's.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Havoc4k said:
This 1 lookz rad 4 u alt boar dues out there

https://shop.cisurfboards.com/collections/traction/products/phat-pad-traction
I had one of these on my Stretch Quadfish. Werked a charm but man, trac pads on a fish always look kinda hideous.

Apr 18, 2013
crotchgrab said:
92122 said:
Waxfoot said:
Slater designs for sure.
x2

I third this. SD is a great pad. Really like the rigidity. Plus, I ride a lot of XTRs which have the pin holes in that area for out gasing. I've had the solid ones bubble a bit on hot tropical days left out.
Been using these also and like. Or the CI flat pad ones for narrow or pin tail boards. I am flat footed and need a flat pad and both these have held up well.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
https://www.evo.com/shop?text=Gorilla+pad

Not aesthetically pleasing, but some of these are going for around 10 dollars. If you don’t mind your traction looking like someone threw up on it.

Thinking about getting one, anybody ever tried gorilla pads.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a few gorilla pads, I really like them soft and grippy but last long. Also the kick is gradual so the whole incline sticks to the board, something I personally like.