Favorite day Bag for you Groveler

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
whatever, have 4 different ones of varying lengths, don't make a difference. buy the cheapest you can find and that's that

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I usually throw them in the car, so I like ones with some venting...
the older version of this FCS dayrunner (fun boar) one is my fav:

my recent ones have been this 6'0 prolite Wilko (fish hybrid) bag, which is still on sale for $75:
If you need shorter size, could try this model:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I ride EPS grovelers in a hot, sunny place. Silver or white for the win.

This one has a white underside, is under $100, and isn't in stoke!

Reactions: JeffRSpicoli

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
dakine daylight. The old white ones with silver on the inside. I think they still make them, was around $50 at the time. have to be going on 10yrs old now.

pretty sure mine is a 5’8 but can fit up to 5’10 HP shapes and still close the zipper. I like a bag to be snug.

I have a much more padded double bag for when I go on trips and haul them around in and out rental houses and car but for at home garage boar rack to truck and back, simple does the trick for me.

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
I've got several of the Creatures 'Retro' bags and have been really pleased with them, for the protection they offer.
https://www.creatures-usa.com/products/day-use-fish-21 (they offer several not-black options)

I like the fit of these for wide tails without being to loose and baggy. Fits my Super Fling, Lost Bottom Feeder, and fish all perfectly. I like them because the bags they removed seam from the middle of the rail which adds real protection. Attached shoulder straps are key so I don't lose them.

Depends on how you use boardbags, I use them on the roof of the car, hiking to the beach and storage.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly
Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
This is my go to for fat SD boards. It fits my 5'8" fish with EN's and my 5'6" manta with quads in. Lots of other groveler bags can't fit those boards with fins in in my experience.
That is exactly the bag I was thinking of when I referenced the Creatures bags that I like. Those prolite and some dakine bags are just massive. I can't deal with them, way too oversized and floppy. Fine for storage in the garage, sucks for hiking or loading on and off the roof. All depends on what you do with a boardbag though.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
What volume are we running on our grovel bags?
bro, why don't you treat yo groveler and yolo one of these fancy adjustable bags and give us a review