Fav hot sauce's?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
We discovered this stuff while staying at Playgrounds in Nica; looks like it's a Costa Rican brand. Our crew ended up putting it on everything and drained several bottles over the week that we were there. Haven't tried to source it here in the States yet...
yea CR staple. not to spicy but then again nothing is down there.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
We discovered this stuff while staying at Playgrounds in Nica; looks like it's a Costa Rican brand. Our crew ended up putting it on everything and drained several bottles over the week that we were there. Haven't tried to source it here in the States yet...
had a ton of it...wasn't bad minding it was the only thing at hand

Reactions: brewgene

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I get it on Amazon. The Lizano Tabasco is really good too. Way different and way more flavor than the Tabasco we have here.

Reactions: brewgene

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
yea CR staple. not to spicy but then again nothing is down there.
:shrug:
If you eat at sodas and tried the jar full of veggies etc at the table you would find spicy in CR:cheers:CR uses/grows Panamanium chiles which are habenero hot.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
my fridge is littered with stuff like this - hot sauce failures, bbq sauce failures, salad dressing failures....condiments and seasonings that were never quite as good as the label suggested
:trout:
Salad dressing is literally the easiest thing to make with basic pantry ingredients.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Salad dressing is literally the easiest thing to make with basic pantry ingredients.
it is and there's no excuse for not doing it....and i actually make some epic concoctions (try my sweet chili vinaigrette sometime). but every now and then, in a moment of weakness, i get sucked into buy something that looked tasty at the grocery store....and it never fails to disappoint.
someday i'll learn :trout:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Plus fresh dill makes any thing taste good :cheers:
it does :shaka:

my dill has bolted for the season, but i stuff bags of it in the freezer every year. if you pull it out frozen, it's choppable for about 20 seconds before it thaws and wilts, but's that good enough to have close-enough-to-fresh dill all year, on demand.

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
Just brought back a few new hot sauces from Costa Rica.

Not for the faint of heart. From the website: Approved by Chuck Norris himself. This amazing hot sauce contains: Panamanian/Scotch Bonnet, Rocoto, Cayenne and Ghost peppers with a little lava, a lot of heavy metal and ancestral warnings of not playing with fire.

Also got this, not a hot sauce, but an olive oil infused with peppers.

The little BnB I stayed at served this with breakfast. It's a little more on the medium side but has an amazing smokey chipotle flavor.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Sprouts has super low cal creamy yogurt dressing (no gay code joe) that’s actually really good.

but yes making your own is pretty easy

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Just brought back a few new hot sauces from Costa Rica.

Not for the faint of heart. From the website: Approved by Chuck Norris himself. This amazing hot sauce contains: Panamanian/Scotch Bonnet, Rocoto, Cayenne and Ghost peppers with a little lava, a lot of heavy metal and ancestral warnings of not playing with fire.

Also got this, not a hot sauce, but an olive oil infused with peppers.

The little BnB I stayed at served this with breakfast. It's a little more on the medium side but has an amazing smokey chipotle flavor.
who is hiding this from the locals there? the food is so bland at most places.